the update does not apply to your system

Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D.

the update does not apply to your system
i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
SP2 system (4GB RAM).
i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
why doesn't it apply?
one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
Presenter Mouse 8000
the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
(KB952627)

Frank Holman

Re: the update does not apply to your system
"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." <biconix@yahoo.com> wrote:

>i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
>SP2 system (4GB RAM).
>i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
>why doesn't it apply?

Why does it matter? Windows Update "knows" what belongs on your
system and what doesn't.

>one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
>Presenter Mouse 8000
>the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
>Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
>and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
>(KB952627)

Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D.

Re: the update does not apply to your system
it matters because i want to install the HyperV Manager and it won't install
i would also like to install the driver for the mouse and it won't install

"Frank Holman" <holmanf@lucacrew.com> wrote in message
> "Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." <biconix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
>>SP2 system (4GB RAM).
>>i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
>>why doesn't it apply?

> Why does it matter? Windows Update "knows" what belongs on your
> system and what doesn't.
>

>>one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
>>Presenter Mouse 8000
>>the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
>>Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
>>and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based
>>Systems
>>(KB952627)

Frank Holman

Re: the update does not apply to your system
"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." <biconix@yahoo.com> wrote:

>it matters because i want to install the HyperV Manager and it won't install
>i would also like to install the driver for the mouse and it won't install

Dunno what to tell you. If WU says they aren't for your system, then
they aren't.

>"Frank Holman" <holmanf@lucacrew.com> wrote in message
>news:a01a75hrvrq1f32lh6oadpscan032dgbqn@4ax.com.. .
>> "Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." <biconix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
>>>SP2 system (4GB RAM).
>>>i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
>>>why doesn't it apply?

>> Why does it matter? Windows Update "knows" what belongs on your
>> system and what doesn't.
>>

>>>one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
>>>Presenter Mouse 8000
>>>the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
>>>Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
>>>and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based
>>>Systems
>>>(KB952627)

Ǝиçεl

RE: the update does not apply to your system
Hello Moshe,

The first step is to remember famous words of wisdom: if it ain't broke,
don't fix it!

The second step is to NEVER do an upgrade with anything that didn't come
from the manufacturer or a tяusted source..

I would never install a driver or driver update provided by Windows Update.

Do *not* get hardware updates from the Windows/Microsoft updates web page
unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft manufacturered...

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." wrote:

> i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
> SP2 system (4GB RAM).
> i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
> why doesn't it apply?
> one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
> Presenter Mouse 8000
> the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
> Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
> and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
> (KB952627)

Curious

Re: the update does not apply to your system
Most likely the updates you are trying to install are already included in
SP2 or are 32 bit OS updates only or are for applications that are not
installed on your Vista Business system

"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." <biconix@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
> SP2 system (4GB RAM).
> i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
> why doesn't it apply?
> one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
> Presenter Mouse 8000
> the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
> Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
> and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based
> Systems (KB952627)

Bill Daggett

???l <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Do *not* get hardware updates from the Windows/Microsoft updates web page
>unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft manufacturered...
>
>Good luck
>

>???l
>-=-

What part of "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000" did
you have a problem with?

>"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." wrote:
>
>> i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
>> SP2 system (4GB RAM).
>> i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
>> why doesn't it apply?
>> one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
>> Presenter Mouse 8000

Gene E. Bloch

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:07:35 -0500, Bill Daggett wrote:

> ???l <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Do *not* get hardware updates from the Windows/Microsoft updates web page
>>unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft manufacturered...
>>
>>Good luck
>>

>>???l
>>-=-

> What part of "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000" did
> you have a problem with?

He *did* say "unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft
manufacturered"...

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
CRmartinez

RE: the update does not apply to your system
That was a rude answer, wow64, see below:

"Moshe S. Raab, Ph.D." wrote:

> i have been trying to install some updates to my (new) Vista Business X64
> SP2 system (4GB RAM).
> i get an error that says "The update does not apply to your system"
> why doesn't it apply?
> one of the updates is a driver update for the Microsoft Wireless Notebook
> Presenter Mouse 8000
> the other two Update for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Management Tools for
> Hyper-V for x64-based Systems (KB970203)
> and Hyper-V Remote Management Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
> (KB952627)

His intent was to install the hyper-v remote management and Microsoft
advises he needs to install the update first. Obviously, his Windows
configuration has been modified by previous updates or software, i suggest
searching Microsoft downloads and seek an update to fix the corrupt
file(s)/driver etc. so that he can proceed with the update and the management
install.
CRmartinez

RE: the update does not apply to your system
Hello Moshe,

were you able to download and install updates, if not, you will want to go
to Microsoft.com/support updates and search for an update called KB947821 v4
x64 which is a standalone package and fixes problems in "update" (whee).
After you install that update, I think you'll be in good shape to install the
other updates. I had the same problem for months, and finally took the time
to figure it out. Good luck.