Help with Vista reboot please

tnttnt

Help with Vista reboot please

I have been trolling round on the forums and have found a few people in
similar situations as myself but not able to locate the info i am after.

I am having issues installing vista on my OS, I know it is able to run
it as i have had it on this machine before many times. The issue i am
facing is not int he installation its after it has completed, it gets to
the stage where it asks me to setup a newtwork, a user name etc etc....

then goes on to the performance test then does the final loading part
(placing desktop items etc) then has to restart....

I then cannot load windows from then on it loops around the 1st bios
type screen etc. I know the versions of vista i have are not faulty as i
have used the them previously on this machine and i have more than 1
version and they all do the same.

The only OS i can seem to install is XP sp3 which i am running atm

Any ideas whats wrong guys?

Thanks
Ant

--
tnttnt
Rick Rogers

Re: Help with Vista reboot please
Hi,

Highly probable that there is an incompatible peripheral attached to the
system or that a BIOS setting is incorrect (especially timing settings).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org