Re: Install Error

Nate.Robinson

Re: Install Error

Hey guys i'm trying to restore my one friend's Dell XPS laptop and of
course, she only has driver cds... i guess she lost her OS recovery cd
somewhere.

but anyway, the problem I am having is the exact same one you were
having "Windows cannot open the required file E:\Sources\Install.wim.
File does not exist"

I downloaded a Vista recovery iso off of isohunt and burned at the
slowest speed and am still getting this error, i followed the link to
the thread you posted, but the thread has been moved.

Any quick fixes? Thanks,

Nate

--
Nate.Robinson
Nate.Robinson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119929.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: Install Error
Bad image, faulty memory are both possible causes. In addition, the image
may not contain appropriate drivers for setting up the Dell system. Have her
spend a few bucks and call Dell for a replacement set of the appropriate
media disks.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/