Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

NickDebene

Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

Ive been running my Vista hiccup free for about a year when all of the
sudden a bunch of errors started appearing. In order to get to my login
screen after boot took 45 minutes for some reason and was a pain I dealt
with. Now I have a bigger problem

-The control panel did not work and whenever vista loaded a ton of
errors arose.
-This came from windows services not being able to start and this
therefore did not allow windows to check if it was genuine.
-After a week, windows went into limited mode where I only have a black
screen and access to the internet, nothing else. Microsoft support gave
me no help and the problem cannot be fixed without re-installing Vista.
No problem i thought.
-Popped in the original vista dvd and changed the bios to boot from CD.
This is where the problem lies.

-When I do this, it does nothing with the dvd, I wait 45 minutes until
my login screen appears and I am back into limited mode. I want to
re-install vista but cannot boot from cd/ dvd.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do, I would greatly
appreciate it. I am stuck with a computer that is unusable and simply
want to get a fresh vista up and running.

Thanks again.

--
NickDebene
NickDebene's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119187.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Hobo

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

NickDebene wrote:
> Ive been running my Vista hiccup free for about a year when all of the
> sudden a bunch of errors started appearing. In order to get to my login
> screen after boot took 45 minutes for some reason and was a pain I dealt
> with. Now I have a bigger problem
>
> -The control panel did not work and whenever vista loaded a ton of
> errors arose.
> -This came from windows services not being able to start and this
> therefore did not allow windows to check if it was genuine.
> -After a week, windows went into limited mode where I only have a black
> screen and access to the internet, nothing else. Microsoft support gave
> me no help and the problem cannot be fixed without re-installing Vista.
> No problem i thought.
> -Popped in the original vista dvd and changed the bios to boot from CD.
> This is where the problem lies.
>
> -When I do this, it does nothing with the dvd, I wait 45 minutes until
> my login screen appears and I am back into limited mode. I want to
> re-install vista but cannot boot from cd/ dvd.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do, I would greatly
> appreciate it. I am stuck with a computer that is unusable and simply
> want to get a fresh vista up and running.
>
> Thanks again.

Sounds like a hardware problem. Can you get into the BIOS? Also give us
some system specs. Computers are much like cars - they all kind of look
alike on the outside but every model is different when it comes to
working on them.
NickDebene

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

I do have access to the BIOS. This is a custom built computer:

-E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz
-Microsoft Home premium
-EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel
-Motherboard - Retail37516271 (N
-EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail37516271

-G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
-Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
3.5" Internal Hard Drive -
-LG 20X DVD▒R Super Multi DVD Burner Black

Every component of the computer has been working until this issue with
Vista began. Playing games, burning dvds, watching movies, etc...Im
inclined to believe it is a problem with vista rather than the hardware.
If there is any more information you need, Ill be happy to help.

Thanks for the reply.

--
NickDebene
NickDebene's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119187.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1222235.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Calvin K

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

Have you tried to Restore your computer? if not try to do that and see
it's working fine..else you better back up the data and do a fresh
format...

--
Calvin K
Calvin K's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/47087.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1222235.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem
Hi,

Remove all bootable devices from the BIOS listing except the optical drive
to force it to load the DVD.

Prior to bothering with a reinstall, I would recommend that you run a
software diagnostic on the memory and on the hard drive. I suspect you may
find one of them has developed a fault. The power supply should also be
checked if you have the equipment.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"NickDebene" <NickDebene.3w2fnb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I do have access to the BIOS. This is a custom built computer:
>
> -E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz
> -Microsoft Home premium
> -EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel
> -Motherboard - Retail37516271 (N
> -EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
> PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail37516271
>
> -G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
> Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
> -Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
> 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -
> -LG 20X DVD▒R Super Multi DVD Burner Black
>
> Every component of the computer has been working until this issue with
> Vista began. Playing games, burning dvds, watching movies, etc...Im
> inclined to believe it is a problem with vista rather than the hardware.
> If there is any more information you need, Ill be happy to help.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>

> --
> NickDebene
> NickDebene's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119187.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1222235.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

NickDebene

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

I confused now. I disabled every boot up device besides my optical drive
and it still does not boot up the vista installation but rather my
windows in limited mode. How do I run diagnostics without a start bar
and only access to bios and internet.

--
NickDebene
NickDebene's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119187.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1222235.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

NickDebene

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem

I just disconnected the hard drive and booted from the cd drive and the
windows installation came up. Now I have to figure out a way to make
this happen while the hard drive is still connected.

I tried again this time with the connected drive and it says bootmgr
not detected. This happens even when I boot from only the cd. This is my
last obstacle as I was able to format the drive but it did not let me
install vista to the drive.

--
NickDebene
NickDebene's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119187.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1222235.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: Extremely Frustrating Vista Problem
Hi,

Download on a separate machine a drive diagnostic utility from the
manufacturer, and you can get memory diagnostics from OCA, memtest86, or
Docmemory for free. These are downloadable in .iso format so you can create
a bootable disk.