Screen Shots of Vista Installation

~~Alan~~

Screen Shots of Vista Installation
I am looking to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a Vista and soon to be
Windows 7 installation and would like to include screen shots in my
presentation. Short of photgraphing an installation, how or where for that
matter can I obtain screen shots?

thanks,
~alan

Bill Daggett

Re: Screen Shots of Vista Installation
"~~Alan~~" <a.shepro@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am looking to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a Vista and soon to be
>Windows 7 installation and would like to include screen shots in my
>presentation. Short of photgraphing an installation, how or where for that
>matter can I obtain screen shots?
>
>thanks,
>~alan

Google for "print screen free windows".

I liked Gadwin:

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

That said, NONE of them can compare to Snagit. NONE.

Bad news: it costs $50 US.

GOOD NEWS: it has a 30-day free trial that is fully functional.

I tried it recently and was so hooked on what it is capable of doing
that I forked over the moola, even though I had better things to spend
that money on. I used the excuse that I was using the $250 Social
Security stimulus money I got a couple months ago.

I think I've spent about $350 of that so far ;-)
whs

Re: Screen Shots of Vista Installation

You can use the snipping tool (it is in All Programs > Accessories) to
make a shot of all or any part of your screen. You can also use
FastStone Capture (this is the last free version: 'A+ Freeware -
Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last freeware version)'
(http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...neCapture.html)
). This allows you to add comment boxes, arrows, etc. on your snips.

--
whs
~~Alan~~

"~~Alan~~" <a.shepro@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a Vista and soon to be
>Windows 7 installation and would like to include screen shots in my
>presentation. Short of photgraphing an installation, how or where for that
>matter can I obtain screen shots?
>
> thanks,
> ~alan

I'm quite shure these are very good products but I would like to capture an
installation of an operating system, in other words there is really nothing
to run these applications and of course, the Print Screen button has nothing
to save anything to. So how can I take a picture of what's on my screen as
I install Vista and/or Windows 7?

~alan

Bruce Chambers

~~Alan~~ wrote:
> "~~Alan~~" <a.shepro@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am looking to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a Vista and soon to be
>> Windows 7 installation and would like to include screen shots in my
>> presentation. Short of photgraphing an installation, how or where for that
>> matter can I obtain screen shots?
>>
>> thanks,
>> ~alan
>>

> I'm quite shure these are very good products but I would like to capture an
> installation of an operating system, in other words there is really nothing
> to run these applications and of course, the Print Screen button has nothing
> to save anything to. So how can I take a picture of what's on my screen as
> I install Vista and/or Windows 7?
>
> ~alan

Simply perform the test/illustrative installations on a virtual machine
hosted on the OS of your choice. Then you can take as many screen shots
of the virtual console as you like, using whatever screen-capturing
utility you prefer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
~~Alan~~

> ~~Alan~~ wrote:
>> "~~Alan~~" <a.shepro@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I am looking to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a Vista and soon to
>>> be Windows 7 installation and would like to include screen shots in my
>>> presentation. Short of photgraphing an installation, how or where for
>>> that matter can I obtain screen shots?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> ~alan
>>>

>> I'm quite shure these are very good products but I would like to capture
>> an installation of an operating system, in other words there is really
>> nothing to run these applications and of course, the Print Screen button
>> has nothing to save anything to. So how can I take a picture of what's
>> on my screen as I install Vista and/or Windows 7?
>>
>> ~alan
>>

> Simply perform the test/illustrative installations on a virtual machine
> hosted on the OS of your choice. Then you can take as many screen shots
> of the virtual console as you like, using whatever screen-capturing
> utility you prefer.

Thank you - a great idea.