Easy Transfer Undo ?

Undo Easy Transfer configuration

Easy Transfer Undo ?
I did the configuration of my new Vista Home Basic PC using Easy Transfer,
form my old one. Actually I need to undo this action reestablishing the
original configuration.
How can I do it ?
thanks
Marcelo, Santiago
Vik

RE: Easy Transfer Undo ?
Hello Marcelo,

There isn't an undo Option. You could revert back to an older System restore
point however that won't undo all the data that you migrated. Please read up
on System Restore Point to understand what it does and if this will get you
mostly what you are looking for

Cheers,
Vik

"Undo Easy Transfer configuration" wrote:

> I did the configuration of my new Vista Home Basic PC using Easy Transfer,
> form my old one. Actually I need to undo this action reestablishing the
> original configuration.
> How can I do it ?
> thanks
> Marcelo, Santiago

Rock

Re: Easy Transfer Undo ?
"Undo Easy Transfer configuration" wrote
>I did the configuration of my new Vista Home Basic PC using Easy Transfer,
> form my old one. Actually I need to undo this action reestablishing the
> original configuration.
> How can I do it ?

There is no undo. What exactly don't you want? User data files will have
to be deleted, delete any accounts that were created.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Undo Easy Transfer configuration

Re: Easy Transfer Undo ?
Rock, thanks for your support. the main issue, for me, is that using the easy
transfer over my new personnel´s vista pc from my old xp vaio, this tool
structured the new one as a company notebook, with several users,
administrators with remote control over my pc and privacy. i don´t want it
actually i am using the restore function after made a backup copy of my
personnel files that I shared in my old company vaio.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Undo Easy Transfer configuration" wrote
> >I did the configuration of my new Vista Home Basic PC using Easy Transfer,
> > form my old one. Actually I need to undo this action reestablishing the
> > original configuration.
> > How can I do it ?

> There is no undo. What exactly don't you want? User data files will have
> to be deleted, delete any accounts that were created.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Easy Transfer Undo ?
"Undo Easy Transfer configuration" wrote
> Rock, thanks for your support. the main issue, for me, is that using the
> easy
> transfer over my new personnel´s vista pc from my old xp vaio, this tool
> structured the new one as a company notebook, with several users,
> administrators with remote control over my pc and privacy. i don´t want it
> actually i am using the restore function after made a backup copy of my
> personnel files that I shared in my old company vaio.

> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Undo Easy Transfer configuration" wrote
>> >I did the configuration of my new Vista Home Basic PC using Easy
>> >Transfer,
>> > form my old one. Actually I need to undo this action reestablishing the
>> > original configuration.
>> > How can I do it ?

>> There is no undo. What exactly don't you want? User data files will
>> have
>> to be deleted, delete any accounts that were created.

Yeah those are some significant changes. Good luck.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]