I recently enountered 'siginificant incompatibilities using Partition
Windows 2000 creating a dual boot Windows 2000/Ubuntu Linux system.
I realize that PM must not be used in Vista or Windows 7.
I am planning on having two Windows 7 systems as follows:
1. Dual boot Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 Pro.
2. Dual boot Windows Vista Home Premium/Windows 7 Home.
For the XP system, I could format the partitionss using Partition
Magic, run from XP, but if I later wish to add a Linux partition. I'd
likely have the same problem I desctibed in the link supra.
For the Vista system, I could format the partitions using Acronis Disk
Director 10, run from Vista. Again, this might be complicated by using
Disk Director, I do not yet know.
So, what partitioning software is required for the following cases:
1. Dual boot XP/Windows 7
2. Dual boot Vista/Windows 7
3. Triple-boot XP/Windows 7/Ubuntu Linux.
4. Triple boot Vista/Windows 7/Ubuntu Linux
I am asking this same question in a Windows 7 and in an Ubuntu forum.