Can't do a repair of vista

Jac

Can't do a repair of vista
Hi i have problem with some vista sp1 that cant install sp2. I used vlite
to select the language, enter the cd-key...etc but i did not remove any
component. Now i can't install sp2 on these box.

So i download the Windows Vista Business Upgrade with Service Pack 2 on
microsfot website with our account but when i tried tu upgrade in windows
vista, i cannot select the "upgrade option"

In windows xp with can do a reinstallation of windows without loosing any
data...How the heck we can do this in vista ?

Thanks for helping i have a lot of pc that have this problem !

Jac

Re: Can't do a repair of vista
Also i forget to mention i already tried to remove the vlite key in registry
in HKLM\Software

Thanks !

"Jac" <support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi i have problem with some vista sp1 that cant install sp2. I used vlite
> to select the language, enter the cd-key...etc but i did not remove any
> component. Now i can't install sp2 on these box.
>

> So i download the Windows Vista Business Upgrade with Service Pack 2 on
> microsfot website with our account but when i tried tu upgrade in windows
> vista, i cannot select the "upgrade option"
>
> In windows xp with can do a reinstallation of windows without loosing any
> data...How the heck we can do this in vista ?
>

> Thanks for helping i have a lot of pc that have this problem !

Rick Rogers

Re: Can't do a repair of vista
Hi,

Since you've damaged the installation, you don't really have much choice but
to start over clean. Use of tools like vlite frequently cause these types of
issues. Vista does have an in-place upgrade available, but once you forcibly
remove system components all bets are off. Programs like vlite fail in
warning users that these types of problems can result from the use of them.
Backup data you don't want to lose, bite the bullet and create a clean
install.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/