Dvd Maker With Vista basic

JamesJ

Dvd Maker With Vista basic
I have Vista Basic sp2. Dvd Maker doesn't seem to come with
it. It's only available with Premium.
Is there any way I can get Dvd maker by download or must
I purchase 3rd party software?

James
Rick Rogers

Re: Dvd Maker With Vista basic
Hi,

Not available as a download for Vista Basic, you'd have to purchase a third
party product.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Basic sp2. Dvd Maker doesn't seem to come with
> it. It's only available with Premium.
> Is there any way I can get Dvd maker by download or must
> I purchase 3rd party software?
>
> James

JamesJ

Re: Dvd Maker With Vista basic
Thanks,
James

> Hi,
>
> Not available as a download for Vista Basic, you'd have to purchase a
> third party product.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> Vote for my shoe: http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I have Vista Basic sp2. Dvd Maker doesn't seem to come with
>> it. It's only available with Premium.
>> Is there any way I can get Dvd maker by download or must
>> I purchase 3rd party software?
>>
>> James

John Inzer

JamesJ wrote:
> I have Vista Basic sp2. Dvd Maker doesn't seem to come with
> it. It's only available with Premium.
> Is there any way I can get Dvd maker by download or must
> I purchase 3rd party software?
>
> James

==============================
Try the following freebie:

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

If you have problems downloading DVD Flick...
try the following direct link:
http://tinyurl.com/lyovkx
or...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdf...up_1.3.0.7.exe

Save the file to a folder on your hard drive and
install from there.

Tutorials:

DVD Flick Tutorial
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videogu...ick-guide.html

Burn Any PC Video Format into DVD
http://www.freevideoworkshop.com/dvdflicktutorial.htm

To create a basic Video DVD that should play in a free
standing DVD player...try the following...

Good luck.

First...read the DVD Flick Guide to familiarize yourself
with the program.

Open DVD Flick and insert a blank DVD in your burner.

If your computer's Autoplay window opens....just close it.

Click the Project Settings button and go to...Video /
Target format...residents of USA...choose...NTSC /
Accept.

Left click the Add title button and browse to your
Movie Clips and select the ones you want on the DVD.

You can arrange them by selecting one and then use
the Move Up and Move Down buttons.

Left click the Create DVD button / OK / Yes / Yes.

Wait while the DVD is created.

When the text "Finished Successfully" appears you
may close DVD Flick. Now you can eject your DVD
and play it in your DVD player.

At some point you may wish to purchase more
advanced software like Cyberlink, Nero, Roxio,
Ulead, etc...but at least this is a start.

Good luck.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience