Vista General

Zygy

Vista General
The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the title
should in red although I was informed that it did appear to everyone else,
including the answers, which I did not get. How can I correct this error?

Mike Brannigan

Re: Vista General
"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the
> title should in red although I was informed that it did appear to everyone
> else, including the answers, which I did not get. How can I correct this
> error?

Well Zygy, since you appear to be a Microsoft employee by your public use of
your e-mail alias can I suggest you contact your local ITG desk for support.
Also can I suggest that you check out your country subsidiary web site
(msweb) about Microsoft staff posting externally and the appropriate e-mail
address you are supposed to use for public posts to avoid increasing the
load on the edge spam filters and potentially overloading your mail box with
junk mail.
--
Mike Brannigan

Peter Foldes

Re: Vista General
:-)

--
Peter

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the title
>> should in red although I was informed that it did appear to everyone else,
>> including the answers, which I did not get. How can I correct this error?

> Well Zygy, since you appear to be a Microsoft employee by your public use of your
> e-mail alias can I suggest you contact your local ITG desk for support.
> Also can I suggest that you check out your country subsidiary web site (msweb)
> about Microsoft staff posting externally and the appropriate e-mail address you
> are supposed to use for public posts to avoid increasing the load on the edge spam
> filters and potentially overloading your mail box with junk mail.
> --
> Mike Brannigan

Zygy

Re: Vista General
Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I am
just an ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would appear you
do not want to give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply as well)
"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the
>> title should in red although I was informed that it did appear to
>> everyone else, including the answers, which I did not get. How can I
>> correct this error?

> Well Zygy, since you appear to be a Microsoft employee by your public use
> of your e-mail alias can I suggest you contact your local ITG desk for
> support.
> Also can I suggest that you check out your country subsidiary web site
> (msweb) about Microsoft staff posting externally and the appropriate
> e-mail address you are supposed to use for public posts to avoid
> increasing the load on the edge spam filters and potentially overloading
> your mail box with junk mail.
> --
> Mike Brannigan

Peter Foldes

Re: Vista General
LOL. If you only understood what Mike understood. I did and sent a smile back as
answer to his post

--
Peter

> Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I am just an
> ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would appear you do not want to
> give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply as well)
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
>> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the title
>>> should in red although I was informed that it did appear to everyone else,
>>> including the answers, which I did not get. How can I correct this error?

>> Well Zygy, since you appear to be a Microsoft employee by your public use of your
>> e-mail alias can I suggest you contact your local ITG desk for support.
>> Also can I suggest that you check out your country subsidiary web site (msweb)
>> about Microsoft staff posting externally and the appropriate e-mail address you
>> are supposed to use for public posts to avoid increasing the load on the edge
>> spam filters and potentially overloading your mail box with junk mail.
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan

Mike Brannigan

Re: Vista General
"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I am
> just an ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would appear
> you do not want to give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply as well)

Then stop using a @microsoft.com e-mail in your posts. - since this is not
your e-mail domain. Either use a guaranteed invalid one such as
Zygy@localhost (no dot com on it) or something else - but ensure that if you
use anything that looks like a valid address you check to ensure that the
domain name does not exist and is not registered to someone else as using it
if it is a actually unlawful under a number of countries statues as this is
tantamount to digital impersonation. Anyway your use of an @microsoft.com
address is just adding to the massive amount of junk mail that the external
filters at Microsoft have to cope with.
As regards your newsgroup posts - an initial post may take some time to
appear in your reader even if you were the originator of the thread or post.
If you feel that a post you have made is not showing in your client then you
can always force a download of the as yet not visible headers in your client
(you appear to be using Windows Mail - so Tools ... Get Net nnnn Headers),
or you could just drop the newsgroup and re add it to your client.
--
Mike Brannigan

"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I am
> just an ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would appear
> you do not want to give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply as well)
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
>> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> The last few times my postings to Vista General did not appear as the
>>> title should in red although I was informed that it did appear to
>>> everyone else, including the answers, which I did not get. How can I
>>> correct this error?

>> Well Zygy, since you appear to be a Microsoft employee by your public use
>> of your e-mail alias can I suggest you contact your local ITG desk for
>> support.
>> Also can I suggest that you check out your country subsidiary web site
>> (msweb) about Microsoft staff posting externally and the appropriate
>> e-mail address you are supposed to use for public posts to avoid
>> increasing the load on the edge spam filters and potentially overloading
>> your mail box with junk mail.
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan

Zygy

Re: Vista General
The @microsoft.com was there when I set up the new Windows Vista and since
this is not my proper email address, which is nothing like this and it ends
with my server's name I do not propose to change it.
With regard to the solution to the problem none of the options in Tools,
which I tried before work! I still cannot see any of my postings to Vista
General! So, since you seem to be an expert who knows it all what is the
solution?

> The @microsoft.com was there when I set up the new Windows Vista and since
> this is not my proper email address, which is nothing like this and it
> ends with my server's name I do not propose to change it.
> With regard to the solution to the problem none of the options in Tools,
> which I tried before work! I still cannot see any of my postings to Vista
> General! So, since you seem to be an expert who knows it all what is the
> solution?

I would be more than happy to help you if you showed the smallest piece of
common sense and stopped using a @microsoft.com e-mail address as this is
doing nothing except allowing the bots that scan newsgroups for e-mail
addresses to add to junk mailing lists to pick up the one you are using then
add to the millions of junk mails Microsoft has to filter out everyday. If
you had read my previous post properly you would have seen that no one was
asking you to use your real e-mail address, just not to use one that is
causing the real owner of the domain you are using (in this case
microsoft.com) to have to deal with the junk YOU have caused.
As regards your problem - have you removed the group from your newsreader
and deleted the cached copy of the file (it is not always removed by simply
removing the group from the UI, and then adding the group back in again, or
trying an alternative news server to view the group and tried to post etc to
see what happens, since it looks like you are using the BT news servers -
try the originating msews.microsoft.com news server).
--
Mike Brannigan

"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The @microsoft.com was there when I set up the new Windows Vista and since
> this is not my proper email address, which is nothing like this and it
> ends with my server's name I do not propose to change it.
> With regard to the solution to the problem none of the options in Tools,
> which I tried before work! I still cannot see any of my postings to Vista
> General! So, since you seem to be an expert who knows it all what is the
> solution?
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
>> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I
>>> am just an ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would
>>> appear you do not want to give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply
>>> as well)

>> Then stop using a @microsoft.com e-mail in your posts. - since this is
>> not your e-mail domain. Either use a guaranteed invalid one such as
>> Zygy@localhost (no dot com on it) or something else - but ensure that if
>> you use anything that looks like a valid address you check to ensure that
>> the domain name does not exist and is not registered to someone else as
>> using it if it is a actually unlawful under a number of countries statues
>> as this is tantamount to digital impersonation. Anyway your use of an
>> @microsoft.com address is just adding to the massive amount of junk mail
>> that the external filters at Microsoft have to cope with.
>> As regards your newsgroup posts - an initial post may take some time to
>> appear in your reader even if you were the originator of the thread or
>> post.
>> If you feel that a post you have made is not showing in your client then
>> you can always force a download of the as yet not visible headers in your
>> client (you appear to be using Windows Mail - so Tools ... Get Net nnnn
>> Headers), or you could just drop the newsgroup and re add it to your
>> client.
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan
>>
>> "Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Your cleverness mislaid you this time. I am not a Microsoft employee, I
>>> am just an ignorant self taught user who needs help, which it would
>>> appear you do not want to give. Thanks! (This goes for the other reply
>>> as well)

R. C. White

Re: Vista General
Hi, Mike - and Zygy.

Small but critical typo in that last line:
> try the originating msews.microsoft.com news server).

Zygy, just click here:

That one click should bring you right back here - but connected directly to
the Microsoft public news server, which is free and does not require you to
log on.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> [...]

>>> that the domain name does not exist and is not registered to someone
>>> else as using it if it is a actually unlawful under a number of
>>> countries statues as this is tantamount to digital impersonation.
>>> Anyway your use of an @microsoft.com address is just adding to the
>>> massive amount of junk mail that the external filters at Microsoft have
>>> to cope with.
>>> As regards your newsgroup posts - an initial post may take some time to
>>> appear in your reader even if you were the originator of the thread or
>>> post.
>>> If you feel that a post you have made is not showing in your client then
>>> you can always force a download of the as yet not visible headers in
>>> your client (you appear to be using Windows Mail - so Tools ... Get Net
>>> nnnn Headers), or you could just drop the newsgroup and re add it to

Zygy

Re: Vista General
Hi, Thank you for the suggestion, but when I clicked on the link nothing
happened. When I copy/pasted it on the IT8 nothing happened either. What do
I do wrong?