windows mail vista

ljohnson

windows mail vista
I am having trouble setting up my windows Vista mail, where can I find out
who are my servers, are they located onthe computer somewhere? and if not I
have sbcglobal.net for my isp can someone help?
mikeyhsd

Re: windows mail vista
contact sbc global for the configuration.
or check their web site.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"ljohnson" <ljohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64A62881-D3AD-4B09-9A8A-E6EA38125B3F@microsoft.com...
I am having trouble setting up my windows Vista mail, where can I find out
who are my servers, are they located onthe computer somewhere? and if not I
have sbcglobal.net for my isp can someone help?
Jim

Re: windows mail vista

"ljohnson" <ljohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble setting up my windows Vista mail, where can I find out
> who are my servers, are they located onthe computer somewhere? and if not
> have sbcglobal.net for my isp can someone help?

The servers are located on computers which belong to the isp. Sbcglobal
told me to use these:

For incoming mail, it is pop3.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
For outgoing mail, it is smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com.

That is what they are today. There are changes coming...

Jim

Chad Harris

Re: windows mail vista
Win mail is very easy to setup; for groups it's a couple clicks on the MSFT
group link. All topics are covered here:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...u=windows+mail

CH

"ljohnson" <ljohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble setting up my windows Vista mail, where can I find out
> who are my servers, are they located onthe computer somewhere? and if not
> have sbcglobal.net for my isp can someone help?

Rock

Re: windows mail vista
"ljohnson" <ljohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I am having trouble setting up my windows Vista mail, where can I find out
> who are my servers, are they located onthe computer somewhere? and if not
> have sbcglobal.net for my isp can someone help?

FYI, there is a newsgroup for Windows mail.
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

mikeyhsd

Re: windows mail vista
the NAME of this group is INSTALLATION_SETUP, so question is perfectly acceptable/appropriate here.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net