Session won't stick in Vista IIS 7, classic ASP app

goldnhue

Session won't stick in Vista IIS 7, classic ASP app
Just got new PC with Vista Ultimate. Transferred my classic ASP program over
and can connect fine to the site and the Access database (thanks to your IIS7
forum). But I can't get my session variables to set in the IIS7/Vista
environment!

I checked everything in article
http://clasicasp.aspfaq.com/genera/w...les-stick.html,
all is OK.

Also, it's not a browser issue cause I can access the site copy on my
Win2000 pc fine from the browser on the Vista machine.

My settings on IIS 7 are:
- For Session State settings, Mode= "In Process" (and the ASP.NET state
service is running), , Cookie settings = "Use Cookies, and "Use hosting
identify for impersonation" is enabled.
- For ASP, Services, Session Properties, "Enable Session State" = True

I disabled my McAfee security center completely to test and it still did not
work.

Any other suggestions??

NOTE: For testing, I simply set a session & application variable in the
global.asa file sub Application_OnStart and Session_OnStart ..(i.e.,
Application("Users")=0, session("test") = "test"), I then try to retrieve it
on the home page (i.e., response.write(session("test") ...)

goldnhue

RE: Session won't stick in Vista IIS 7, classic ASP app
UPDATE: It appears the global.asa isn't firing since the
session/application variables stick fine if set elsewhere in the app. Why
might the global.asa not work? I created the site by adding a new "Virtual
Directory" to the default web site.

Thanks

"goldnhue" wrote:

> Just got new PC with Vista Ultimate. Transferred my classic ASP program over
> and can connect fine to the site and the Access database (thanks to your IIS7
> forum). But I can't get my session variables to set in the IIS7/Vista
> environment!
>
> I checked everything in article
> http://clasicasp.aspfaq.com/genera/w...les-stick.html,
> all is OK.
>
> Also, it's not a browser issue cause I can access the site copy on my
> Win2000 pc fine from the browser on the Vista machine.
>
> My settings on IIS 7 are:
> - For Session State settings, Mode= "In Process" (and the ASP.NET state
> service is running), , Cookie settings = "Use Cookies, and "Use hosting
> identify for impersonation" is enabled.
> - For ASP, Services, Session Properties, "Enable Session State" = True
>
> I disabled my McAfee security center completely to test and it still did not
> work.
>
> Any other suggestions??
>
> NOTE: For testing, I simply set a session & application variable in the
> global.asa file sub Application_OnStart and Session_OnStart ..(i.e.,
> Application("Users")=0, session("test") = "test"), I then try to retrieve it
> on the home page (i.e., response.write(session("test") ...)

goldnhue

RE: Session won't stick in Vista IIS 7, classic ASP app
Got answer in another forum ... in IIS7, the site must be set up as an
application, not a virtual directory, in order for the global.asa to fire.