Installation Error

Jerry

Installation Error
I currently have a AMD 64 bit machine, and I purchased the 64bit version of
vista ultimate, when i try to install my machine loads the disk, states
"windows is loading files" then the machine restarts, and it does this
continuously. I am attempting to install to a Raid array (mirroring) that I
just put in. Usually the installer states that it needs drivers for the raid
array, and then allows me to put them in. Am I doing something wrong? The
other thing is that the hard drives are brand new and I know that I have not
formatted them but usually windows does that too..... Any suggestions?
Rick Rogers

Re: Installation Error
Hi Jerry,

At the point where you pick the installation location, there is an option to
load drivers - did you do this?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have a AMD 64 bit machine, and I purchased the 64bit version of
> vista ultimate, when i try to install my machine loads the disk, states
> "windows is loading files" then the machine restarts, and it does this
> continuously. I am attempting to install to a Raid array (mirroring) that
> just put in. Usually the installer states that it needs drivers for the
> raid
> array, and then allows me to put them in. Am I doing something wrong? The
> other thing is that the hard drives are brand new and I know that I have
> not
> formatted them but usually windows does that too..... Any suggestions?

Todd Marks

RE: Installation Error
When you choose which partition you want to install vista in, there is a
selection below that that states "install drivers".

"Jerry" wrote:

> I currently have a AMD 64 bit machine, and I purchased the 64bit version of
> vista ultimate, when i try to install my machine loads the disk, states
> "windows is loading files" then the machine restarts, and it does this
> continuously. I am attempting to install to a Raid array (mirroring) that I
> just put in. Usually the installer states that it needs drivers for the raid
> array, and then allows me to put them in. Am I doing something wrong? The
> other thing is that the hard drives are brand new and I know that I have not
> formatted them but usually windows does that too..... Any suggestions?

Jerry

RE: Installation Error
It never made it that far. I figured out that I had a RAM issue, I put the
original 512mb stick from dell in the machine and it worked. I have
successfully installed vista. Now I need to figure out my RAM problem.