need help re-installing vista

Malke

Re: need help re-installing vista
imanzaeri wrote:

> i have this dell inspiron 1720 and a few days ago i formatted my hard
> drive and now when i wanna re install my windows vista home prem 32 on
> it i have problems. last year when my hard drive got fried dell sent me
> a new hard drive and walked me thru installation. the thing they told me
> was to put the dell media direct in the drive at some point in the
> installation which i dont remember when. now when i try to install
> everything goes ok til the last part that says finishing installation.
> that part never ends i left it for a whole night and it never ended.
> maybe some problem with my hard drive driver ? i donno . please help

Dell Media Direct is not the operating system. See these links for an
explanation of what Media Direct is:

How to install Dell MediaDirect 2.0 in XP - http://tinyurl.com/eb5b8
Dell MediaDirect FAQ - http://tinyurl.com/2u9rqm

To install the operating system, boot to the Dell operating system disk and
install Vista. Unless this is a factory recovery disk, you will need to
install drivers after the operating system is installed.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Microsoft Communities

Re: need help re-installing vista
Media Direct should be the very first disk installed and after it formats
the drive you install the operating system and then install media direct.

--
Ed Davis