SendTo shortcuts

Mark Hammer

SendTo shortcuts
I understand that the "SendTo" folder for a user has been moved from
Documents and Settings to Users\.\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

However, the shortcuts I place in this folder do not show up in my
right-click menu when I right-click on a file icon. System restart does not
help.

The location of the Send To folder with my shortcuts is:

C:\Users\MarkH\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\S endTo

I have shortcuts there to Notepad, Word, and Access.

What does it take to get these to show up in the right-click menu?

TIA,

Mark Hammer
Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

dean-dean

Re: SendTo shortcuts
In the Registry Editor, in the following key,

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\Con textMenuHandlers\Send To

check to see, in the right pane, if Value Name (default) has
{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837} as its Value Data.

"Mark Hammer" <Mark@AccessAdvantage.com> wrote in message
>I understand that the "SendTo" folder for a user has been moved from
> Documents and Settings to Users\.\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
>
> However, the shortcuts I place in this folder do not show up in my
> right-click menu when I right-click on a file icon. System restart does
> not
> help.
>
> The location of the Send To folder with my shortcuts is:
>
> C:\Users\MarkH\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\S endTo
>
> I have shortcuts there to Notepad, Word, and Access.
>
> What does it take to get these to show up in the right-click menu?
>
> TIA,
>
> Mark Hammer
> Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

Chad Harris

Re: SendTo shortcuts
Hi Mark--

If I want a shortcut in any Windows I usually just drag the icon off the
upper left corner of a window in XP, and out of the address bar in Vista for
an IE Window or off the upper left of the name bar for an explorer folder.
If you want to add an item to the Send to context menu:

http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...DB!15739.entry

CH

"Mark Hammer" <Mark@AccessAdvantage.com> wrote in message
>I understand that the "SendTo" folder for a user has been moved from
> Documents and Settings to Users\.\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
>
> However, the shortcuts I place in this folder do not show up in my
> right-click menu when I right-click on a file icon. System restart does
> not
> help.
>
> The location of the Send To folder with my shortcuts is:
>
> C:\Users\MarkH\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\S endTo
>
> I have shortcuts there to Notepad, Word, and Access.
>
> What does it take to get these to show up in the right-click menu?
>
> TIA,
>
> Mark Hammer
> Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

Chad Harris

Re: SendTo shortcuts
Mark--

In addition you might want to check remedies from Ramesh's (MVP) excellent
site (many apply to Vista):

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm

Ramesh's Site
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Good luck,

CH

"Mark Hammer" <Mark@AccessAdvantage.com> wrote in message
>I understand that the "SendTo" folder for a user has been moved from
> Documents and Settings to Users\.\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
>
> However, the shortcuts I place in this folder do not show up in my
> right-click menu when I right-click on a file icon. System restart does
> not
> help.
>
> The location of the Send To folder with my shortcuts is:
>
> C:\Users\MarkH\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\S endTo
>
> I have shortcuts there to Notepad, Word, and Access.
>
> What does it take to get these to show up in the right-click menu?
>
> TIA,
>
> Mark Hammer
> Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

Mark@AccessAdvantage.com

Re: SendTo shortcuts
My value in that key is:

{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}

Same as your question. What does that mean?

--Mark Hammer

On Apr 24, 5:42 pm, "dean-dean" <dean-d...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> In the Registry Editor, in the following key,
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\Con textMenuHandlers\Send To
>
> check to see, in the right pane, if Value Name (default) has
> {7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837} as its Value Data.

Mark@AccessAdvantage.com

Re: SendTo shortcuts
Thanks, CH.

I downloaded and ran the fixsendto.vbs script, but it has not helped.

What is showing up in my SendTo menu is all the drives, A, C, DVD, +
mapped drives, on my Vista machine. Nothing from my own SendTo folder
shows up.

--Mark Hammer