Windows Re-Activation

COMP Maintenance Class!

Windows Re-Activation
I am in computer maintenance at my school.. and we recently got 10 licenses
to run Vista. The first day went well, but after rebooting each computer
Vista popped up and said we need to Re-Activate. I just reloaded it and
thought that might help. The next day, almost every person in my class with
Vista on their computer had had that same thing happen. What do we do? We
cant even have regular class anymore due to our computers not working! Please
Help!
pvdg42

Re: Windows Re-Activation

"COMP Maintenance Class!" <COMP Maintenance
Class!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in computer maintenance at my school.. and we recently got 10 licenses
> to run Vista. The first day went well, but after rebooting each computer
> Vista popped up and said we need to Re-Activate. I just reloaded it and
> thought that might help. The next day, almost every person in my class
> with
> Vista on their computer had had that same thing happen. What do we do? We
> cant even have regular class anymore due to our computers not working!
> Please
> Help!

Computer maintenance class?

Does that mean the students are disassembling - reassembling the hardware
and possibly using different components during reassembly?

If that description is accurate, the activities are probably causing the
Vista activation robot to "sense" hardware changes and request reactivation.
In that case you'll need to use telephone reactivation to explain the
circumstances.

Given that Vista is more sensitive to environmental changes than previous
versions, it may not have been a good choice (at this time) for computers in
a maintenance classroom. Testing with one computer first would have revealed
that. Can you use the licenses for the previously installed version (XP?),
and revert to that for class activities?

If my assumptions about the class are incorrect, please provide more
detailed information on your setup and exactly how the computers are used.

Ghostrider

Re: Windows Re-Activation

COMP Maintenance Class! wrote:

> I am in computer maintenance at my school.. and we recently got 10 licenses
> to run Vista. The first day went well, but after rebooting each computer
> Vista popped up and said we need to Re-Activate. I just reloaded it and
> thought that might help. The next day, almost every person in my class with
> Vista on their computer had had that same thing happen. What do we do? We
> cant even have regular class anymore due to our computers not working! Please
> Help!

What is being done to these computers? If parts are being swapped around
or major changes are being made during class, perhaps a Volume License might
be the way to go.
DevilsPGD

Re: Windows Re-Activation
In message <eQVKm1qhHHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> Ghostrider
<-00-@fitron.142> wrote:

>COMP Maintenance Class! wrote:
>
>> I am in computer maintenance at my school.. and we recently got 10 licenses
>> to run Vista. The first day went well, but after rebooting each computer
>> Vista popped up and said we need to Re-Activate. I just reloaded it and
>> thought that might help. The next day, almost every person in my class with
>> Vista on their computer had had that same thing happen. What do we do? We
>> cant even have regular class anymore due to our computers not working! Please
>> Help!

>What is being done to these computers? If parts are being swapped around
>or major changes are being made during class, perhaps a Volume License might
>be the way to go.

Another thought would be to not activate the machines at all, use the
rearm technique and do a full OS reinstall each semester.

--
Ah, the miracle mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's
not a single church or library to offend the eye.