Activation of vista

Ollyfurr

Activation of vista
I got given Vista ultimate by my boss because he brought it and did not like
it so he went back to XP, so idid a clean install on to my PC everything
works fine but it cant activate because the product has already been used
once, is there away round this,
Mike Hall MVP

Re: Activation of vista
Some reading for you: activation of Vista FAQ..

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...51033.mspx#EXB

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Chad Harris

Re: Activation of vista
Hi Ollyfurr--

Basically if End User A gives End User B his Vista, End User B can use it as
long as the Product Key is not already or currently tied up by End User A.
You can't use one Vista license on any more than one box as with XP.

If you're having trouble activating, and you have the DVD in hand, simply
call MSFT and ask them to connect you with activation and read them the part
number of the DVD. They can generate you a PK that works, but what can't
happen is that your boss is still using the Vista whether he likes it or
not--i.e. if he has the PK engaged you can't use it. If he formats it, and
then you try to activate the PK and it won't work for whatever reason, call
them as above.

There are several numbers but (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676) or (800) 936-5700
will work.

CH

"Ollyfurr" <Ollyfurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got given Vista ultimate by my boss because he brought it and did not
>like
> it so he went back to XP, so idid a clean install on to my PC everything
> works fine but it cant activate because the product has already been used
> once, is there away round this,

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Activation of vista
Select the option to activate by phone.
Call Microsoft at the number displayed on the screen, normally done in
5 - 10 minutes.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Ollyfurr" <Ollyfurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got given Vista ultimate by my boss because he brought it and did
>not like
> it so he went back to XP, so idid a clean install on to my PC
> everything
> works fine but it cant activate because the product has already been
> used
> once, is there away round this,

Rock

Re: Activation of vista
"Ollyfurr" <Ollyfurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I got given Vista ultimate by my boss because he brought it and did not
>like
> it so he went back to XP, so idid a clean install on to my PC everything
> works fine but it cant activate because the product has already been used
> once, is there away round this,

Is it a retail or OEM version? If it's retail then call in for activation.
If it's an OEM version by the license it can't be transferred to a different
computer.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]