Networking Vista

Jim

Networking Vista
I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers running
XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Conor

Re: Networking Vista
In article <upJ5BuohHHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Jim says...
> I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
> running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers running
> XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
> problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Go into the Network and Sharing Center and turn off password protected
sharing.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Mary

Re: Networking Vista
But turn on everything else there.

"Conor" wrote:

> In article <upJ5BuohHHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Jim says...
> > I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
> > running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers running
> > XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
> > problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Go into the Network and Sharing Center and turn off password protected
> sharing.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

will

RE: Networking Vista
i had the same problem but i only had 2 computers running windows xp. the way
i had to sor the problem out was by disconeecting of hte internet , so i
could disable my firewall. i then had to go through the vista networking
centre. i had to make a lot of changes to workgroups and discoverable
settings. i have now setup my network but the only problem i have is that i
cannot share an internet connection.all other stuff includings Windows media
file sharing and file sharing " shared document" now works. the only way i
can connect through my other pcs is by creating a resedatial gateway, however
this does not seem to always work.

"Jim" wrote:

> I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
> running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers running
> XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
> problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jim

Jim

Re: Networking Vista
Thank you for all the replies but, unfortunately it has not solved my
problem to include not being able to use printer attached to the Vista
computer as far as I can tell this is a problem that has not been soved by
the OS manufacturer and who knows when?

Jim

"will" <will @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i had the same problem but i only had 2 computers running windows xp. the
>way
> i had to sor the problem out was by disconeecting of hte internet , so i
> could disable my firewall. i then had to go through the vista networking
> centre. i had to make a lot of changes to workgroups and discoverable
> settings. i have now setup my network but the only problem i have is that
> cannot share an internet connection.all other stuff includings Windows
> media
> file sharing and file sharing " shared document" now works. the only way i
> can connect through my other pcs is by creating a resedatial gateway,
> however
> this does not seem to always work.
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
>> running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers
>> running
>> XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
>> problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Jim

will

Re: Networking Vista
do you mean that you cant see the printer through the network . i have just
shared my printer. altohugh the only way i can see the printer on other pcs
is by exploring he workgroup pcs.

"Jim" wrote:

> Thank you for all the replies but, unfortunately it has not solved my
> problem to include not being able to use printer attached to the Vista
> computer as far as I can tell this is a problem that has not been soved by
> the OS manufacturer and who knows when?
>
> Jim
>
> "will" <will @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i had the same problem but i only had 2 computers running windows xp. the
> >way
> > i had to sor the problem out was by disconeecting of hte internet , so i
> > could disable my firewall. i then had to go through the vista networking
> > centre. i had to make a lot of changes to workgroups and discoverable
> > settings. i have now setup my network but the only problem i have is that
> > cannot share an internet connection.all other stuff includings Windows
> > media
> > file sharing and file sharing " shared document" now works. the only way i
> > can connect through my other pcs is by creating a resedatial gateway,
> > however
> > this does not seem to always work.
> >
> > "Jim" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a 3 computer network all running Windows XP and a new computer
> >> running Vista - the Vista computer can talk to the other computers
> >> running
> >> XP but the ones running XP cannot talk to Vista - how can I correct this
> >> problem? All help will be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Jim

Jim

Re: Networking Vista
correct, cannot see the printer through the network and have been told that
this problem has not been solved - Vista is great but??????