HP Laptop with Vista prints all WEB pages in HTML format; how can fix this? HELP!

Gadgetgurl140 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP Laptop with Vista prints all WEB pages in HTML format; how can fix this? HELP!
My laptop is an HP 6226us laptop with Vista. I also have a stand alone HP PC 754n. When I send a print job from the LAPTOP to our Lexmark X4550 wireless printer everything prints in HTML from the WEB. ALL Web pages print in HTML. If I print a document from MS OFFICE it prints just fine from the Laptop. When I print anything from the HP PC 754n PC everything prints just fine even from the Web!!! It's only when I print something from the WEB from the HP 6226us Laptop it will print in HTML. When I'm on our stand alone PC everything prints fine!!

Also, on all the web pages that do print from the laptop at the bottom of the page the
FOOTER says; file://C:\JANED~1|APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\A1H0DZNR.HTM.
Usually when I print outa webpage the footer would start with
HTTP://msn.com

How do I solve this problem so that the web pages will print normal from the Laptop?
Keith

Re: HP Laptop with Vista prints all WEB pages in HTML format; how can fix this? HELP!
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:50:58 +0100, Gadgetgurl140
<Gadgetgurl140.3v2kzd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>My laptop is an HP 6226us laptop with Vista. I also have a stand alone
>HP PC 754n. When I send a print job from the LAPTOP to our Lexmark X4550
>wireless printer everything prints in HTML from the WEB. ALL Web pages
>print in HTML. If I print a document from MS OFFICE it prints just fine
>from the Laptop. When I print anything from the HP PC 754n PC everything
>prints just fine even from the Web!!! It's only when I print something
>from the WEB from the HP 6226us Laptop it will print in HTML. When I'm
>on our stand alone PC everything prints fine!!
>
>Also, on all the web pages that do print from the laptop at the bottom
>of the page the
>FOOTER says; file://C:\JANED~1|APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\A1H0DZNR.HTM.
>Usually when I print outa webpage the footer would start with
>'HTTP://msn.com' (http://msn.com)
>
>How do I solve this problem so that the web pages will print normal
>from the Laptop?

Have you looked around at all the settings for your printer in the web
browser Page Setup, print preview and Print? There is something set
somewhere that tells the printer to print the HTML raw code in your web
browser printer settings. You should look also in the Lexmark printer
driver and program settings.

Here is a HP web site with a solution for IE 7 users:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...554&rule=14493

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

Gadgetgurl140 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HP Laptop with Vista prints all WEB pages in HTML format; how can fix this? HELP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:50:58 +0100, Gadgetgurl140
<Gadgetgurl140.3v2kzd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>My laptop is an HP 6226us laptop with Vista. I also have a stand alone
>HP PC 754n. When I send a print job from the LAPTOP to our Lexmark X4550
>wireless printer everything prints in HTML from the WEB. ALL Web pages
>print in HTML. If I print a document from MS OFFICE it prints just fine
>from the Laptop. When I print anything from the HP PC 754n PC everything
>prints just fine even from the Web!!! It's only when I print something
>from the WEB from the HP 6226us Laptop it will print in HTML. When I'm
>on our stand alone PC everything prints fine!!
>
>Also, on all the web pages that do print from the laptop at the bottom
>of the page the
>FOOTER says; file://C:\JANED~1|APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\A1H0DZNR.HTM.
>Usually when I print outa webpage the footer would start with
>'HTTP://msn.com' (MSN.com)
>
>How do I solve this problem so that the web pages will print normal
>from the Laptop?

Have you looked around at all the settings for your printer in the web
browser Page Setup, print preview and Print? There is something set
somewhere that tells the printer to print the HTML raw code in your web
browser printer settings. You should look also in the Lexmark printer
driver and program settings.

Here is a HP web site with a solution for IE 7 users:

Web Page Prints Out as Computer Code (HTML) in Internet Explorer 7.0*

--
Best Regards, Keith
Salem, Oregon Scanner Radio Page