Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

vista install error, 0x80070003

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QmxhemVDbG91ZA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
vista install error, 0x80070003
Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it says
error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?

My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
hard disk.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
computergenie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
Doing a search in Google brings up this error and may be due to a few
reasons.

First > Make sure the disc is completely clean as it may be the disc has a
spec of dust or the disc might not be working properly all together.

2) Secondly Set Boot order in bios and make sure you main Hard Drive you are
installing vista on is set to be booted 1st. then DVD rom etc (To get to
boot order you will have to press something like F12 depending on bios.

3) Make sure your Bios is upto date

4) Unplug any peripherals such as, printers, external drives, microphone
webcams etc

5) If you have a second hard drive remove it install vista then add second
HDD back in as it maybe detecting or trying to install to second hard drive
(if you have one)

6) Check you got all the latest drivers for motherboard etc and make sure
all components support vista.

7) If all fails then copy the Vista disc at a slow speed maybe 2x and then
try as it may be the disc.

Hope this information helps solve your problem. Good Luck

"BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
> it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it
> says
> error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
>
> My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
> and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
> hard disk.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
computergenie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
Motherboard:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on 26/03/2007
(Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to do
this etc.

Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
(Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300 XT.)

Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
problems.



"BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
> it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it
> says
> error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
>
> My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
> and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
> hard disk.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
BlazeCloud
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
When installing the new drivers, should I install the vista ones? Or the XP
ones?



"computergenie" wrote:

> Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
> Motherboard:
> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
>
> I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on 26/03/2007
> (Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to do
> this etc.
>
> Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:
>
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
> (Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300 XT.)
>
> Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
> problems.
>
>
>
> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it
> > says
> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
> >
> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
> > hard disk.

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
BlazeCloud
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
Hmm, how do i change the boot order to boot the hard drive first yet install
from dvd. If i set the hd first it just boots into windows.

"computergenie" wrote:

> Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
> Motherboard:
> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
>
> I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on 26/03/2007
> (Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to do
> this etc.
>
> Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:
>
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
> (Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300 XT.)
>
> Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
> problems.
>
>
>
> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it
> > says
> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
> >
> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
> > hard disk.

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
BlazeCloud
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
abslutely no luck,

1. I was able to install vista on a virtual machine, so its not the disk.
2. Don't rally get the boot order.
3. bios up to date.
4. everything but the mouse, keybord, and monitour is unplugged.
5. only one hard drive
6. vista upgrade advisor sas everithing is ok
7. same as 1.

Help! None of these work!!!

"computergenie" wrote:

> Doing a search in Google brings up this error and may be due to a few
> reasons.
>
> First > Make sure the disc is completely clean as it may be the disc has a
> spec of dust or the disc might not be working properly all together.
>
> 2) Secondly Set Boot order in bios and make sure you main Hard Drive you are
> installing vista on is set to be booted 1st. then DVD rom etc (To get to
> boot order you will have to press something like F12 depending on bios.
>
> 3) Make sure your Bios is upto date
>
> 4) Unplug any peripherals such as, printers, external drives, microphone
> webcams etc
>
> 5) If you have a second hard drive remove it install vista then add second
> HDD back in as it maybe detecting or trying to install to second hard drive
> (if you have one)
>
> 6) Check you got all the latest drivers for motherboard etc and make sure
> all components support vista.
>
> 7) If all fails then copy the Vista disc at a slow speed maybe 2x and then
> try as it may be the disc.
>
> Hope this information helps solve your problem. Good Luck
>
> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to install
> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then it
> > says
> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
> >
> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb RAM,
> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250 Gb
> > hard disk.

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
You should only install Vista drivers that are compatible with Vista while
operating Vista, and, likewise, use XP drivers that are compatible with XP
while operating XP. You can't install Vista drivers while operating XP,
unless the drivers happen to be compatible with both operating systems. The
driver download page will clearly indicate what operating system(s) the
driver will work on. (In some cases, when operating Vista and no Vista
driver is available for a certain device, an XP driver might work, but then,
again, it might not. However, this should be a choice of last resort).


"BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:053E9367-037E-4C8F-BD59-B294E14DF7BC@microsoft.com...
> When installing the new drivers, should I install the vista ones? Or the
> XP
> ones?
>
>
>
> "computergenie" wrote:
>
>> Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
>> Motherboard:
>> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
>>
>> I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on
>> 26/03/2007
>> (Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to
>> do
>> this etc.
>>
>> Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:
>>
>> http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
>> (Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300
>> XT.)
>>
>> Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
>> problems.
>>
>>
>>
>> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to
>> > install
>> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then
>> > it
>> > says
>> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
>> >
>> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
>> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb
>> > RAM,
>> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250
>> > Gb
>> > hard disk.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
computergenie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
Hi,

Becasue you set HD to first boot of course it will load windows instead but
usually you should be able to press something like F12 - F8 something like
that which will ask you which you want to boot first (which you would select
your dvd/cd drive) this way it will then boot from CD but also keep HD set
as first boot priority in BIOS.

"BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A191B518-CC1E-4E28-A048-5E4240CBA0B7@microsoft.com...
> Hmm, how do i change the boot order to boot the hard drive first yet
> install
> from dvd. If i set the hd first it just boots into windows.
>
> "computergenie" wrote:
>
>> Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
>> Motherboard:
>> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
>>
>> I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on
>> 26/03/2007
>> (Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to
>> do
>> this etc.
>>
>> Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:
>>
>> http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
>> (Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300
>> XT.)
>>
>> Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
>> problems.
>>
>>
>>
>> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to
>> > install
>> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then
>> > it
>> > says
>> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
>> >
>> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
>> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb
>> > RAM,
>> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250
>> > Gb
>> > hard disk.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
BlazeCloud
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
I have exhausted al possibilities, boot order and all. Vista still doesn't
want to install! I have absolutely no idea of what I should do.

"computergenie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Becasue you set HD to first boot of course it will load windows instead but
> usually you should be able to press something like F12 - F8 something like
> that which will ask you which you want to boot first (which you would select
> your dvd/cd drive) this way it will then boot from CD but also keep HD set
> as first boot priority in BIOS.
>
> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A191B518-CC1E-4E28-A048-5E4240CBA0B7@microsoft.com...
> > Hmm, how do i change the boot order to boot the hard drive first yet
> > install
> > from dvd. If i set the hd first it just boots into windows.
> >
> > "computergenie" wrote:
> >
> >> Your Motherboard Supports Vista. Go Here For Latest Drivers for Your
> >> Motherboard:
> >> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
> >>
> >> I also notice there is a bios update for motherboard released on
> >> 26/03/2007
> >> (Last Month). Make sure you have the latest one. Website tells you how to
> >> do
> >> this etc.
> >>
> >> Latest Drivers for Graphics Card Can Be Found Here:
> >>
> >> http://www.sapphiretech.com/uk/suppo...s_viewlist.php
> >> (Make sure you select rite one as there is a X1300, X1300 Pro and X1300
> >> XT.)
> >>
> >> Also if you have virus software etc uninstall as this could and may cause
> >> problems.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "BlazeCloud" <BlazeCloud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:7388A4C5-40C5-4BEA-9B1A-7C0E0124903D@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi, I got windows vista ultimate 64-bit and am currently trying to
> >> > install
> >> > it. But every time I get to expanding files it hangs at 13-14 %. Then
> >> > it
> >> > says
> >> > error 0x80070003. What should I o about this?
> >> >
> >> > My computer's motherboard is asus A8R-MVP.
> >> > sapphire x1300 graphics card with 512 mb ram, amd 64 processor, 2 Gb
> >> > RAM,
> >> > and im trying to make a clean install of vista on a western digital 250
> >> > Gb
> >> > hard disk.
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2007
ASF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista install error, 0x80070003
I got the same error installing Vista 64 and tried everything listed in these
forums. Boot order, BIOS update, different HDs, etc. The only thing that
worked for me was changing the DVD Drive. I tried 4 different drives (that I
own) before finding the right one.

BenQ DW1655 (didn't work)
BenQ DW1620 (didn't work)
Lite-On LTC-48161H (failed at 14% expanding)
Lite-On LH20A1S (Success!)

The LH20 drive is a SATA DVD Drive while the other 3 use the older ATA
interface. Other particulars about my setup:

Asus A8R-MVP motherboard (BIOS 0602)
Crucial Ballistix 2GB
ATI 1800 XT
WD 300GB HD.

I think the 64 bit hardware requirements are stricter than the 32 bit
install. I was successful installing Vista 32 using all the drives above.
It's also possible that Vista 64 liked SATA interface better. Hope this
helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intallation error 0x80070003, cannot install Vista =?Utf-8?B?bmhhcm1vbjkx?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 20 05-13-2010 10:56
Can't install vista. Error in the rebooting process. =?Utf-8?B?SmV0a3U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 7 03-23-2007 23:21
Backup fails... (0x80070003) =?Utf-8?B?VHJ1bWJh?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 4 03-22-2007 18:49
BCD Boot error during VISTA install =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IEdvbGRtYW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-05-2007 18:13
XP to Vista Upgrade Mid-install error =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 02-03-2007 21:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120