Vista Sidebar setup

=?Utf-8?B?THlsZQ==?=

Vista Sidebar setup
Hi,

I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and love it, however with the
sidebar I have the stock gadget installed and am trying to view Australian
Stocks.

At the moment I can only see the US stocks, does anyone know how I can
monitor Australian Stocks instead.

Thanks for any suggestions
Lyle.

Chad Harris

Re: Vista Sidebar setup

G'day Lyle--

I've done some looking around on the web and the concensus is

1) The default Vista stock watcher gadget doesn't work yet for Aussie
stocks.
2) People have promised to develop one.

For example:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/687897.html

Fair dinkum.

Good luck,

CH
"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and love it, however with the
> sidebar I have the stock gadget installed and am trying to view Australian
> Stocks.
>
> At the moment I can only see the US stocks, does anyone know how I can
> monitor Australian Stocks instead.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
> Lyle.

mikeyhsd

Re: Vista Sidebar setup
initially the gadgets only work for USA items.
might check with the Add Gadgets add then Get More Gadgets on Line options to see if anyone has written one for other than USA stocks.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:536B6EAF-FEBA-4A36-8C43-3EC48DFACFD5@microsoft.com...
Hi,

I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and love it, however with the
sidebar I have the stock gadget installed and am trying to view Australian
Stocks.

At the moment I can only see the US stocks, does anyone know how I can
monitor Australian Stocks instead.

Thanks for any suggestions
Lyle.

Chad Harris

Re: Vista Sidebar setup
Lyle --

I answered this yesterday. If you look around on the web there isn't one
that works yet. People are promising to make one. The current stock gadget
for Vista won't work for the Australian stocks yet.

CH

"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and love it, however with the
> sidebar I have the stock gadget installed and am trying to view Australian
> Stocks.
>
> At the moment I can only see the US stocks, does anyone know how I can
> monitor Australian Stocks instead.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
> Lyle.

Joe Kruger

Re: Vista Sidebar setup
This is not entirely true. I live in London and I can only see British
stocks, although I only trade in the states. I am having the same problem,
but I CAN'T see US stock prices...