Need Help with crashed computer after update

galyenp

Need Help with crashed computer after update

I have a gateway MT3422 that I have had for 2 years and it came with
vista. I have had to restore my computer once since I have had it and
never had any serious problems with it. 3 months ago, my computer was
trying to install SP1 and when the computer restarts, it goes to a blue
screen, then into a black screen and it says "error, calling
phyllat...can not find operating system" and it locks up. I push
ALT+CTRL+DEL to reset it and it reboots and says the upgrade did not
install and gives me the option to reinstall it. After 3 months of
trying, I gave up and ignored my computer to download and install the
service pack.

Then one day, it actually installed SP1 and when it restarted, it said
"error, do you wish to launch system restore (recommended)" I did and it
went to a black screen for 4 hours - no cpu or aything running or eve
the blue cpu light to show its running. No fan on, no noise from the
processor. I shut my computer off and it doesnt ever go to the windows
vista loading screen.

Ive tried to boot in safe mode and it gets hung up on
system/windows32.....drv and never goes any further and gets caught in a
loop. I pushed f8 to launch the repair mode, and it gets caught in a
loop. I put i my restore disc that came with my laptop and when I ask it
to install windows vista, it gets caught in a loop. tried to do a system
restore and it cant because my C drive is corrupted.

Is there anything I ca do or is my computer toast? I really have no
more money for another computer...and I need my computer for school. Any
thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated!

--
galyenp
galyenp

Re: Need Help with crashed computer after update

Sorry for a double post but the file the computer gets stuck on in safe
mode is:

Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

--
galyenp
tom

galyenp wrote:
> I have a gateway MT3422 that I have had for 2 years and it came with
> vista. I have had to restore my computer once since I have had it and
> never had any serious problems with it. 3 months ago, my computer was
> trying to install SP1 and when the computer restarts, it goes to a blue
> screen, then into a black screen and it says "error, calling
> phyllat...can not find operating system" and it locks up. I push
> ALT+CTRL+DEL to reset it and it reboots and says the upgrade did not
> install and gives me the option to reinstall it. After 3 months of
> trying, I gave up and ignored my computer to download and install the
> service pack.
>
> Then one day, it actually installed SP1 and when it restarted, it said
> "error, do you wish to launch system restore (recommended)" I did and it
> went to a black screen for 4 hours - no cpu or aything running or eve
> the blue cpu light to show its running. No fan on, no noise from the
> processor. I shut my computer off and it doesnt ever go to the windows
> vista loading screen.
>
> Ive tried to boot in safe mode and it gets hung up on
> system/windows32.....drv and never goes any further and gets caught in a
> loop. I pushed f8 to launch the repair mode, and it gets caught in a
> loop. I put i my restore disc that came with my laptop and when I ask it
> to install windows vista, it gets caught in a loop. tried to do a system
> restore and it cant because my C drive is corrupted.
>
> Is there anything I ca do or is my computer toast? I really have no
> more money for another computer...and I need my computer for school. Any
> thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Now you know why I put my Vista install Disk Through My NEW Cd/DVD shreader
Chad Harris

"galyenp" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a gateway MT3422 that I have had for 2 years and it came with
> vista. I have had to restore my computer once since I have had it and
> never had any serious problems with it. 3 months ago, my computer was
> trying to install SP1 and when the computer restarts, it goes to a blue
> screen, then into a black screen and it says "error, calling
> phyllat...can not find operating system" and it locks up. I push
> ALT+CTRL+DEL to reset it and it reboots and says the upgrade did not
> install and gives me the option to reinstall it. After 3 months of
> trying, I gave up and ignored my computer to download and install the
> service pack.
>
> Then one day, it actually installed SP1 and when it restarted, it said
> "error, do you wish to launch system restore (recommended)" I did and it
> went to a black screen for 4 hours - no cpu or aything running or eve
> the blue cpu light to show its running. No fan on, no noise from the
> processor. I shut my computer off and it doesnt ever go to the windows
> vista loading screen.
>
> Ive tried to boot in safe mode and it gets hung up on
> system/windows32.....drv and never goes any further and gets caught in a
> loop. I pushed f8 to launch the repair mode, and it gets caught in a
> loop. I put i my restore disc that came with my laptop and when I ask it
> to install windows vista, it gets caught in a loop. tried to do a system
> restore and it cant because my C drive is corrupted.
>
> Is there anything I ca do or is my computer toast? I really have no
> more money for another computer...and I need my computer for school. Any
> thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated!

> galyenp

____________________

Hi ***lenp--

There are constructive things you can do. My objective isn't to use the
repair disk that came with the pc. That would restore Vista to a factory
default and you lose all your stuff. I want you to make a repair disc
that's identical to the Startup Repair and Bootrec tools you'd get if you
went out and bought a Vista DVD from MSFT somewhere.

you can download a Repair Disk with all of Startup Repair's
options from here:

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx

1) First try 3 options from Startup Repair. If you have a Vista DVD then
restart with it in the drive>press any key to boot from it and run Startup
Repair. From Startup Repair you have 3 good tools with an excellent chance
of fixing your system. If you don't have a Vista DVD from which to boot to
Startup Repair, no problem, Download the .iso from the link below and
burn it, and you'll have the Microsoft Vista Repair Disk with Startup
Repair.

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx

2) If Startup Repair does not get your Vista back, then use the 3 bootrec
commands from the command prompt available on the Statup Repair Menu:

The menu I refer to is in this set of directions with a grey background.

http://vistahomepremium.windowsreins...airstartup.htm

Those are:

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

3) If my second option doesn't work, then try System restore from the
Startup Repair list.

Good luck,

CH

Chad Harris;1083097 Wrote:
> [...]

> make:
>
> 'Using System Restore from the Vista Windows Recovery Environment'
> (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html)
>
> 'Startup Repair: frequently asked questions - Windows Vista Help'
> (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx)
>
> 2) If Startup Repair does not get your Vista back, then use the 3
> bootrec
> commands from the command prompt available on the Statup Repair Menu:
>
> The menu I refer to is in this set of directions with a grey
> background.
>
> 'Windows Vista Home Premium - Repair StartUp'
> (http://vistahomepremium.windowsreins...airstartup.htm)
>
> Those are:
>
> bootrec /fixmbr
> bootrec /fixboot
> bootrec /rebuildbcd
>
> 3) If my second option doesn't work, then try System restore from the

I was fortunate to get a recovery disc from gateway for my computer. I
tried the system repair, and it just sits there (no CPU noise or
processor noise) but the bar runs. I tried the command prompt. The
bootrec/fixmbr gave me the "completed successfully" message but the
bootrec/fixboot got stuck in a loop. Same for bootrec/rebuildbcd.

I tried to system restore, and my computer cant because when I choose a
date and say "next" it says the C drive is corrupted and cant restore
(even for the factory restore). I tried to use the check disk for errors
and again it gets caught in a loop and freezes up.

On a good note, when I loaded the recovery CD and it found the Vista
system, there is a option to upload drivers, and all of my files,
programs, and information is still on the computer, including the C and
D (partition) drives.

My problem is that none of these methods have worked, and I cant get to
the windows logon screen. Any other ideas?

--
galyenp
Chad Harris

> [...]

> processor noise) but the bar runs. I tried the command prompt. The
> bootrec/fixmbr gave me the "completed successfully" message but the
> bootrec/fixboot got stuck in a loop. Same for bootrec/rebuildbcd.
>
> I tried to system restore, and my computer cant because when I choose a
> date and say "next" it says the C drive is corrupted and cant restore
> (even for the factory restore). I tried to use the check disk for errors
> and again it gets caught in a loop and freezes up.
>
> On a good note, when I loaded the recovery CD and it found the Vista
> system, there is a option to upload drivers, and all of my files,
> programs, and information is still on the computer, including the C and
> D (partition) drives.
>
> My problem is that none of these methods have worked, and I cant get to
> the windows logon screen. Any other ideas?

______________

galyenp--

From what you've written, I'm not sure if you made a Startup Repair disc and
tried Startup Repair. You say you tried the bootrec command switches, so
those must have been done by burning the .iso from the link for a Startup
Repair disc because they are intended to be done from the command prompt
from the Repair Disc. Did you try Startup Repair and the bootrec commands
from the dvd made from burning the .iso at the link?

CH

sequaqua

Re: Need Help with crashed computer after update

What if the disc drive doesn't work either

--
sequaqua
Raymond Babbitt

sequaqua <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>What if the disc drive doesn't work either

Then you go here:

http://www.bloodyhell.com/node/20