Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

help?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007
=?Utf-8?B?ZWQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
help?
Hi running vista premium, just installed a second sata harddrive and was
woundering how to do the partition, and formating? tried the disk that came
with the harddrive but it won't work with vista....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: help?
Hi,

Install the disk. Boot up. Click start and type 'diskmgmt.msc' and run the
drive tool. Right click free space on the new drive and you should see an
option to create a partition. Once created, you merely need to format it to
be ready for use.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BF1C638C-470A-43F3-AD81-836505ED3991@microsoft.com...
> Hi running vista premium, just installed a second sata harddrive and was
> woundering how to do the partition, and formating? tried the disk that
> came
> with the harddrive but it won't work with vista....


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007
=?Utf-8?B?ZWQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: help?
yes this worked very well, thank you for the help, guess what I'm going to
get when they come out?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Install the disk. Boot up. Click start and type 'diskmgmt.msc' and run the
> drive tool. Right click free space on the new drive and you should see an
> option to create a partition. Once created, you merely need to format it to
> be ready for use.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BF1C638C-470A-43F3-AD81-836505ED3991@microsoft.com...
> > Hi running vista premium, just installed a second sata harddrive and was
> > woundering how to do the partition, and formating? tried the disk that
> > came
> > with the harddrive but it won't work with vista....

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: help?
Dunno, what?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EC42D72B-5624-4FB5-9A5A-B77B2C65939A@microsoft.com...
> yes this worked very well, thank you for the help, guess what I'm going to
> get when they come out?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Install the disk. Boot up. Click start and type 'diskmgmt.msc' and run
>> the
>> drive tool. Right click free space on the new drive and you should see an
>> option to create a partition. Once created, you merely need to format it
>> to
>> be ready for use.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BF1C638C-470A-43F3-AD81-836505ED3991@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi running vista premium, just installed a second sata harddrive and
>> > was
>> > woundering how to do the partition, and formating? tried the disk that
>> > came
>> > with the harddrive but it won't work with vista....

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120