Well, I returned home to find that my install I left running overnite failed.
Stupid me, but I forgot to load the drivers for my RAID/SATA Controller
after I reformatted the hard drive. I guess that's why the "Expanding Files"
portion of the was being so slow. So anyways, I restarted the install,
loaded my driver, and it finished succesfully in about 20 minutes! The files
had already been copied to the hard drive from the first install so it
entirely skipped that phase. After the install completed, I restarted the
install from within Vista and ran an upgrade install, so that my activation
key would work. Now I am completely set up and am loving Vista lots! Gee,
now maybe I can offer up some advice...