Problem installing a languagepack in office 2007 (vista)

=?Utf-8?B?U2ViYXN0aWFhbg==?=

Problem installing a languagepack in office 2007 (vista)
Hi,

Here is my problem, I just bought a language pack (dutch) from the microsoft
site. I've downloaded the installer, after the purchase. When the download
was completed i started the .exe it started unpacking, and asked me for
Activation. I used the key i got when i bought the product. Everything was
fine and dandy. After that, i get a quick message screen saying, wait one
moment please. The screen then dissapears... and the installation is somehow
not continueing.

Ive tried installing it under my own user id(standard user). And under the
Administrator.

At the time of the installation I have none of the Office programs opend up.
Im running Vista Enterprise.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks

Sebastiaan

P.s. Posted this in the office newsgroup aswell, but unsure where its
supossed to be, because it might be a problem with vista.
Rick Rogers

Re: Problem installing a languagepack in office 2007 (vista)
Hi,

Try right-clicking the .exe file and using 'run as administrator'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sebastiaan" <Sebastiaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Here is my problem, I just bought a language pack (dutch) from the
> microsoft
> site. I've downloaded the installer, after the purchase. When the download
> was completed i started the .exe it started unpacking, and asked me for
> Activation. I used the key i got when i bought the product. Everything was
> fine and dandy. After that, i get a quick message screen saying, wait one
> moment please. The screen then dissapears... and the installation is
> somehow
> not continueing.
>
> Ive tried installing it under my own user id(standard user). And under the
> Administrator.
>
> At the time of the installation I have none of the Office programs opend
> up.
> Im running Vista Enterprise.
>
> Hope you guys can help me out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sebastiaan
>
> P.s. Posted this in the office newsgroup aswell, but unsure where its
> supossed to be, because it might be a problem with vista.

=?Utf-8?B?U2ViYXN0aWFhbg==?=

Re: Problem installing a languagepack in office 2007 (vista)
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply Rick, I did what you asked me, but the problem
persists. It starts unpacking to a temp folder in the administrators profile
c:\user\administrator\local settings\...

And when its done, a screen pops open for 0.5 seconds and the installation
gets terminated. Without any errors

Sebastiaan.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try right-clicking the .exe file and using 'run as administrator'.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Sebastiaan" <Sebastiaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here is my problem, I just bought a language pack (dutch) from the
> > microsoft
> > site. I've downloaded the installer, after the purchase. When the download
> > was completed i started the .exe it started unpacking, and asked me for
> > Activation. I used the key i got when i bought the product. Everything was
> > fine and dandy. After that, i get a quick message screen saying, wait one
> > moment please. The screen then dissapears... and the installation is
> > somehow
> > not continueing.
> >
> > Ive tried installing it under my own user id(standard user). And under the
> > Administrator.
> >
> > At the time of the installation I have none of the Office programs opend
> > up.
> > Im running Vista Enterprise.
> >
> > Hope you guys can help me out.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sebastiaan
> >
> > P.s. Posted this in the office newsgroup aswell, but unsure where its
> > supossed to be, because it might be a problem with vista.

Rick Rogers

Re: Problem installing a languagepack in office 2007 (vista)
Hi Sebastian,

Any clues in the event viewer?