Blue screens black screens

Steve

Blue screens black screens
Hi every one,

I have two disk SATA Western Digital 320 Go.
One has XP Pro installed and the other one has Vista home prenium. OEM
To install Vista I unpluged the XP disk and did a clean install on my other
SATA.
But Vista freezes all the time and I get lots of blue screens.
While on XP I did scan my computer to check if compatible with that tool you
download at microsoft
No problem were detected. I also get a score of 5 for that performance
thing.
I have a Athlon 4200+dual core
2Go of RAM
motherboard M2N-E
Geoforce 7950 GT 512 Mo
Audigy 2 sound card

Still, I am having big problems with my Vista home Prenium OEM.
All kind of problems.
-First I can't activate it. It says that there is a problem call bla bla
bla.
-When I try to transfer big datas from my other WD SATA (that I reconnected
of course) I can read
"calculating remaining time" and that it will take days, yes days before it
is done. Under XP I can do that in minutes (many Go) not days
-It will freeze every time and I have to push reset.
-Many many blue Screens even in safe mode... or black screnns. Nothing will
hapen during that times for hours until I reset.
-Beside Window nothing else is installed at tha moment. But Windows had
found the wright drivers for my sound card, video card and all the devices
except for game port and my second network card.
-My video card fan is running like hell all the times. Normally after a
while it becomes quiet.
-Some important updates are impossible to install.

And so on. So far the more I try to fix it the worst it seems to get. Does
anyone have an Idea? Any MVP around?
I think if I can't fix it in one or two weeks I will ask for a refund
because there is noway I will pay for this. We have 90 days to get a refund
did you know that?

Thank you in advance

Steve

Rick Rogers

Re: Blue screens black screens
Hi Steve,

I've seen a number of reported issues with nvidia's nForce chipsets (which
that mobo uses) and AMD dual core cpu's. Asus' site lists no Vista
compatible chipset drivers for this motherboard, only XP and below, so you
may be suffering from a compatibility issue. I would open a support case
with them to confirm it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve" <ytcan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi every one,
>
> I have two disk SATA Western Digital 320 Go.
> One has XP Pro installed and the other one has Vista home prenium. OEM
> To install Vista I unpluged the XP disk and did a clean install on my
> other SATA.
> But Vista freezes all the time and I get lots of blue screens.
> While on XP I did scan my computer to check if compatible with that tool
> you download at microsoft
> No problem were detected. I also get a score of 5 for that performance
> thing.
> I have a Athlon 4200+dual core
> 2Go of RAM
> motherboard M2N-E
> Geoforce 7950 GT 512 Mo
> Audigy 2 sound card
>
> Still, I am having big problems with my Vista home Prenium OEM.
> All kind of problems.
> -First I can't activate it. It says that there is a problem call bla bla
> bla.
> -When I try to transfer big datas from my other WD SATA (that I
> reconnected of course) I can read
> "calculating remaining time" and that it will take days, yes days before
> it is done. Under XP I can do that in minutes (many Go) not days
> -It will freeze every time and I have to push reset.
> -Many many blue Screens even in safe mode... or black screnns. Nothing
> will hapen during that times for hours until I reset.
> -Beside Window nothing else is installed at tha moment. But Windows had
> found the wright drivers for my sound card, video card and all the devices
> except for game port and my second network card.
> -My video card fan is running like hell all the times. Normally after a
> while it becomes quiet.
> -Some important updates are impossible to install.
>
> And so on. So far the more I try to fix it the worst it seems to get. Does
> anyone have an Idea? Any MVP around?
> I think if I can't fix it in one or two weeks I will ask for a refund
> because there is noway I will pay for this. We have 90 days to get a
> refund did you know that?
>

> Thank you in advance
>
> Steve

Steve

Re: Blue screens black screens
Hi Rick

Do you mean open a case with Asus or Nvidia?
Or even Micrososft so they know it's impossible to trust Vista on that kind
of machine?

Thank you for the advice

Steve

"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
e4Hk6AOhHHA.4516@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Steve,
>
> I've seen a number of reported issues with nvidia's nForce chipsets (which
> that mobo uses) and AMD dual core cpu's. Asus' site lists no Vista
> compatible chipset drivers for this motherboard, only XP and below, so you
> may be suffering from a compatibility issue. I would open a support case
> with them to confirm it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Steve" <ytcan@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Hi every one,
>>
>> I have two disk SATA Western Digital 320 Go.
>> One has XP Pro installed and the other one has Vista home prenium. OEM
>> To install Vista I unpluged the XP disk and did a clean install on my
>> other SATA.
>> But Vista freezes all the time and I get lots of blue screens.
>> While on XP I did scan my computer to check if compatible with that tool
>> you download at microsoft
>> No problem were detected. I also get a score of 5 for that performance
>> thing.
>> I have a Athlon 4200+dual core
>> 2Go of RAM
>> motherboard M2N-E
>> Geoforce 7950 GT 512 Mo
>> Audigy 2 sound card
>>
>> Still, I am having big problems with my Vista home Prenium OEM.
>> All kind of problems.
>> -First I can't activate it. It says that there is a problem call bla bla
>> bla.
>> -When I try to transfer big datas from my other WD SATA (that I
>> reconnected of course) I can read
>> "calculating remaining time" and that it will take days, yes days before
>> it is done. Under XP I can do that in minutes (many Go) not days
>> -It will freeze every time and I have to push reset.
>> -Many many blue Screens even in safe mode... or black screnns. Nothing
>> will hapen during that times for hours until I reset.
>> -Beside Window nothing else is installed at tha moment. But Windows had
>> found the wright drivers for my sound card, video card and all the
>> devices except for game port and my second network card.
>> -My video card fan is running like hell all the times. Normally after a
>> while it becomes quiet.
>> -Some important updates are impossible to install.
>>
>> And so on. So far the more I try to fix it the worst it seems to get.
>> Does anyone have an Idea? Any MVP around?
>> I think if I can't fix it in one or two weeks I will ask for a refund
>> because there is noway I will pay for this. We have 90 days to get a
>> refund did you know that?
>>

>> Thank you in advance
>>
>> Steve

Rick Rogers

Re: Blue screens black screens
Hi,

With Asus. Let them put pressure on Nvidia to produce the needed drivers.