Re: Help! Upgrading to Vista ultimate from Vista Home Premium

PA Bear

Re: Help! Upgrading to Vista ultimate from Vista Home Premium
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup newsgroup as
upgrading and /updating/ Windows aren't the same thing.
--
~PA Bear

AJW Consulting wrote:
> I have crap dell who can't help! I got the home Preminum by mistake but
> they
> sent me the box upgrade of ultimate, so I can have term server, the issue
> is, I didn't get it from a store, and dell is not listed. so I can't
> figure
> out how to install it! I'm getting an error to install by install window,
> but when I do that, it asks do you want to purchase it? No I don't; I have
> it! and ask what store? Where is a simple install icon to upgrade the
> version of vista?
>
> Thanks!
> Adrienne,

Rock

Re: Help! Upgrading to Vista ultimate from Vista Home Premium
"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote
> Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup newsgroup
> as upgrading and /updating/ Windows aren't the same thing.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> AJW Consulting wrote:
>> I have crap dell who can't help! I got the home Preminum by mistake

server,

What do you mean by the "box upgrade of Ultimate"? Do you mean a retail
Upgrade version of Ultimate, on DVD, is that correct? And there is a
product key? If that's the case there should be two DVDs in the box, one
for 32bit, one for 64bit. If not be more explicit on what you received.

>>the issue is, I didn't get it from a store, and dell is not listed.

Dell isn't listed on what?

>> so I can't figure out how to install it!

Well you haven't given any information here to help folks help you.

>> I'm getting an error to install by install window,

What error? What install window? Be specific. What exact steps did you
follow to do the upgrade, when does this error occur, and what is the format
and the text of it verbatim.

>> but when I do that

Do what?

>> it asks do you want to purchase it?

Are you sure you received a a retail upgrade version of Vista? Are you sure
you didn't get some version of Office?

>> No I don't; I have it! and ask what store? Where is a simple install icon
>> to upgrade the
>> version of vista?

There is isn't an simple install icon.

How to install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884/en-us

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?QUpXIENvbnN1bHRpbmc=?=

Re: Help! Upgrading to Vista ultimate from Vista Home Premium
thanks Rock, yes, for some reason my computer should have been setup for
64bit, but I found out it wasn't. they installed the 32bit version,. anyway,
that was the issue. overall it was a long blank, blank night, as my audio
went funky!

Thanks everyone for the help!