Need Help: Error 1406 during Office Repair - Registry Error.jpg (0/1)

oldman@old.net

Need Help: Error 1406 during Office Repair - Registry Error.jpg (0/1)
I tried to do a repair for office 2007 and got the following error see
attachment. I have tried several registry repair programs but none
seem to be able to fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution to
this problem. I have uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled Office
then got the error during the reinstall. After the reinstall I
applied SP2 and then tried KB963665 fix but got the error again.

Thanks,

oldman@old.net

Re: Need Help: Error 1406 during Office Repair - Registry Error.jpg (0/1)

I had an attachment with the post but it does not seem to be here
anyone know how to display the attachment so I can provide the screen
shot.

TIA

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:37:31 -0700, oldman@old.net wrote:

>I tried to do a repair for office 2007 and got the following error see
>attachment. I have tried several registry repair programs but none
>seem to be able to fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution to
>this problem. I have uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled Office
>then got the error during the reinstall. After the reinstall I
>applied SP2 and then tried KB963665 fix but got the error again.
>
>Thanks,

Bruce Chambers

oldman@old.net wrote:
> I tried to do a repair for office 2007 and got the following error see
> attachment. I have tried several registry repair programs but none
> seem to be able to fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution to
> this problem. I have uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled Office
> then got the error during the reinstall. After the reinstall I
> applied SP2 and then tried KB963665 fix but got the error again.
>
> Thanks,

If you used any of the alleged registry "cleaners" in an attempt to
repair Office, you've only made the problem worse. All registry
cleaners are pure snake oil. What was the actual problem you were
trying to fix? (Although, to be brutally honest, having used a registry
reamer to sabotage your system, your best option may be to simply format
the hard drive and start over. Unless you created a restore point
before using the registry reamers, it'll be virtually impossible to undo
the damage they may have done.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Bruce Chambers

oldman@old.net wrote:
> I had an attachment with the post but it does not seem to be here
> anyone know how to display the attachment so I can provide the screen
> shot.

It would be very bad netiquette to post an attachment to this text
news-group, anyway. Why don't you just tell us what the error message
says, word-for-word.