HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?

Spanky deMonkey

HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
Anybody have the HP Laserjet 1022 printer working with Vista? I tried the
XP drivers and they don't work and the HP site doesn't have drivers for
Vista ready.

The reason I'm asking is because if someone found a "workaround", then maybe
it's worth a try.

Thanks

John Barnett MVP

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
Doesn't the HP site give any details of a suitable work around? I only have
a PSC 1215 printer but, on the HP site, it suggests using XP drivers which,
incidentally, work reasonably well but don't give any advanced features such
as printer cartridge calibration or amount of ink left in cartridges.

When I contact HP regarding my printer problem I was told that they are
working on fully featured drivers for Vista, but couldn't say whether they
would be available in week or months. To be honest I don't think HP are in
the slightest bothered. There attitude is, if the printer doesn't work go
and buy one that will.

If I were you I'd email HP support and ask their advise. While I am rather
scaling of HP the support technician (there were many) did try to get the
printer to work by suggestion I install alternative printer model drivers. I
must just say that my main reason for contacting HP was the fact that, when
printing a document, the print was offset slightly to the left (imagine
splitting the word 'left' in half horizontally and then moving the bottom
half of the word slightly to the left. That is how my machine printed.)

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have the HP Laserjet 1022 printer working with Vista? I tried the
> XP drivers and they don't work and the HP site doesn't have drivers for
> Vista ready.
>
> The reason I'm asking is because if someone found a "workaround", then
> maybe it's worth a try.
>
> Thanks

Spanky deMonkey

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
I guess I'll wait a few more months. My Vista PC is on a network and
currently my main machine runs XP. I can print through the network, but I
thought if I could get the printer hooked directly to Vista then maybe it
would be worth formatting the XP machine to run Vista. One of these days,
HP will get their act together.

Thanks for the reply.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Doesn't the HP site give any details of a suitable work around? I only
> have a PSC 1215 printer but, on the HP site, it suggests using XP drivers
> which, incidentally, work reasonably well but don't give any advanced
> features such as printer cartridge calibration or amount of ink left in
> cartridges.
>
> When I contact HP regarding my printer problem I was told that they are
> working on fully featured drivers for Vista, but couldn't say whether they
> would be available in week or months. To be honest I don't think HP are in
> the slightest bothered. There attitude is, if the printer doesn't work go
> and buy one that will.
>
> If I were you I'd email HP support and ask their advise. While I am rather
> scaling of HP the support technician (there were many) did try to get the
> printer to work by suggestion I install alternative printer model drivers.
> I must just say that my main reason for contacting HP was the fact that,
> when printing a document, the print was offset slightly to the left
> (imagine splitting the word 'left' in half horizontally and then moving
> the bottom half of the word slightly to the left. That is how my machine
> printed.)
>

> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>> Anybody have the HP Laserjet 1022 printer working with Vista? I tried
>> the XP drivers and they don't work and the HP site doesn't have drivers
>> for Vista ready.
>>
>> The reason I'm asking is because if someone found a "workaround", then
>> maybe it's worth a try.
>>
>> Thanks

John Barnett MVP

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
You're welcome

--

>I guess I'll wait a few more months. My Vista PC is on a network and
>currently my main machine runs XP. I can print through the network, but I
>thought if I could get the printer hooked directly to Vista then maybe it
>would be worth formatting the XP machine to run Vista. One of these days,
>HP will get their act together.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
>> Doesn't the HP site give any details of a suitable work around? I only
>> have a PSC 1215 printer but, on the HP site, it suggests using XP drivers
>> which, incidentally, work reasonably well but don't give any advanced
>> features such as printer cartridge calibration or amount of ink left in
>> cartridges.
>>
>> When I contact HP regarding my printer problem I was told that they are
>> working on fully featured drivers for Vista, but couldn't say whether
>> they would be available in week or months. To be honest I don't think HP
>> are in the slightest bothered. There attitude is, if the printer doesn't
>> work go and buy one that will.
>>
>> If I were you I'd email HP support and ask their advise. While I am
>> rather scaling of HP the support technician (there were many) did try to
>> get the printer to work by suggestion I install alternative printer model
>> drivers. I must just say that my main reason for contacting HP was the
>> fact that, when printing a document, the print was offset slightly to the
>> left (imagine splitting the word 'left' in half horizontally and then
>> moving the bottom half of the word slightly to the left. That is how my
>> machine printed.)
>>

>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this mail/post..
>>
>> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>>> Anybody have the HP Laserjet 1022 printer working with Vista? I tried
>>> the XP drivers and they don't work and the HP site doesn't have drivers
>>> for Vista ready.
>>>
>>> The reason I'm asking is because if someone found a "workaround", then
>>> maybe it's worth a try.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Drew

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
I do not know whether this will help but I am running the hp 3600n laser
printer and it too did not have vista drivers....I just went into control
panel then found the add a printer button and when it asked for drivers I
popped in the xp driver disc and it installed perfectly....You might
consider it
"Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>I guess I'll wait a few more months. My Vista PC is on a network and
>currently my main machine runs XP. I can print through the network, but I
>thought if I could get the printer hooked directly to Vista then maybe it
>would be worth formatting the XP machine to run Vista. One of these days,
>HP will get their act together.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
>> Doesn't the HP site give any details of a suitable work around? I only
>> have a PSC 1215 printer but, on the HP site, it suggests using XP drivers
>> which, incidentally, work reasonably well but don't give any advanced
>> features such as printer cartridge calibration or amount of ink left in
>> cartridges.
>>
>> When I contact HP regarding my printer problem I was told that they are
>> working on fully featured drivers for Vista, but couldn't say whether
>> they would be available in week or months. To be honest I don't think HP
>> are in the slightest bothered. There attitude is, if the printer doesn't
>> work go and buy one that will.
>>
>> If I were you I'd email HP support and ask their advise. While I am
>> rather scaling of HP the support technician (there were many) did try to
>> get the printer to work by suggestion I install alternative printer model
>> drivers. I must just say that my main reason for contacting HP was the
>> fact that, when printing a document, the print was offset slightly to the
>> left (imagine splitting the word 'left' in half horizontally and then
>> moving the bottom half of the word slightly to the left. That is how my
>> machine printed.)
>>

>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

>> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
>> this mail/post..
>>
>> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>>> Anybody have the HP Laserjet 1022 printer working with Vista? I tried
>>> the XP drivers and they don't work and the HP site doesn't have drivers
>>> for Vista ready.
>>>
>>> The reason I'm asking is because if someone found a "workaround", then
>>> maybe it's worth a try.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Spanky deMonkey

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
I did try to set up the printer on Vista, but Vista never did recognize the
printer with the XP drivers. I went into the Control Panel, did the "add
printer" thing, but it never would print. Works well with my XP system so I
remotely print from Vista through my XP box.

"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I do not know whether this will help but I am running the hp 3600n laser
>printer and it too did not have vista drivers....I just went into control
>panel then found the add a printer button and when it asked for drivers I
>popped in the xp driver disc and it installed perfectly....You might
>consider it
> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>>I guess I'll wait a few more months. My Vista PC is on a network and
>>currently my main machine runs XP. I can print through the network, but I
>>thought if I could get the printer hooked directly to Vista then maybe it
>>would be worth formatting the XP machine to run Vista. One of these
>>days, HP will get their act together.
>>

>> Thanks for the reply.
>>

>> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
>>> Doesn't the HP site give any details of a suitable work around? I only
>>> have a PSC 1215 printer but, on the HP site, it suggests using XP
>>> drivers which, incidentally, work reasonably well but don't give any
>>> advanced features such as printer cartridge calibration or amount of ink
>>> left in cartridges.
>>>
>>> When I contact HP regarding my printer problem I was told that they are
>>> working on fully featured drivers for Vista, but couldn't say whether
>>> they would be available in week or months. To be honest I don't think HP
>>> are in the slightest bothered. There attitude is, if the printer doesn't
>>> work go and buy one that will.
>>>
>>> If I were you I'd email HP support and ask their advise. While I am
>>> rather scaling of HP the support technician (there were many) did try to
>>> get the printer to work by suggestion I install alternative printer
>>> model drivers. I must just say that my main reason for contacting HP was
>>> the fact that, when printing a document, the print was offset slightly
>>> to the left (imagine splitting the word 'left' in half horizontally and
>>> then moving the bottom half of the word slightly to the left. That is
>>> how my machine printed.)
>>>

>>> --
>>> John Barnett MVP
>>> Associate Expert
>>> Windows - Shell/User
>>>
>>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>>>
>>> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of
>>> any kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the
>>> accuracy, reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not
>>> be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages
>>> arising out of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions
>>> expressed in this mail/post..

Charles W Davis

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
You didn't state which version of Vista you are running. Think about this:
According to the HP web site, the functions that you are missing will work
on Business versions of Vista, but not on home versions. Quote:
"You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer available
when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product that is fully
compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are necessary."
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...412187&lang=en

>I did try to set up the printer on Vista, but Vista never did recognize the
>printer with the XP drivers. I went into the Control Panel, did the "add
>printer" thing, but it never would print. Works well with my XP system so
>I remotely print from Vista through my XP box.
>

> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I do not know whether this will help but I am running the hp 3600n laser
>>printer and it too did not have vista drivers....I just went into control
>>panel then found the add a printer button and when it asked for drivers I
>>popped in the xp driver disc and it installed perfectly....You might
>>consider it
>> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>>>I guess I'll wait a few more months. My Vista PC is on a network and
>>>currently my main machine runs XP. I can print through the network, but
>>>I thought if I could get the printer hooked directly to Vista then maybe
>>>it would be worth formatting the XP machine to run Vista. One of these
>>>days, HP will get their act together.
>>>

>>> Thanks for the reply.

John Barnett MVP

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
Charles, working on the HP assumption that you have outlined why doesn't the
advanced features work on my machine with Vista Ultimate? The answer is that
HP couldn't care less about older machines (older? what am I talking about
my printer is only 2 years old which I don't consider old at all). HP's
philosophy is like most of the hardware manufacturers who have been too slow
to bring out suitable drivers for Vista and that is 'If your printer doesn't
work, then go by a new one that will.' As I pointed out to HP when I last
contacted them, Yes by all means I 'will' go out and buy a new printer that
is Vista compatible, but I can assure you it will 'not' be an HP.

--

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> You didn't state which version of Vista you are running. Think about this:
> According to the HP web site, the functions that you are missing will work
> on Business versions of Vista, but not on home versions. Quote:
> "You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer available
> when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product that is
> fully compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are
> necessary."
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...412187&lang=en
>

> "Spanky deMonkey" <Spanky@deMonkey.com> wrote in message
>>I did try to set up the printer on Vista, but Vista never did recognize
>>the printer with the XP drivers. I went into the Control Panel, did the
>>"add printer" thing, but it never would print. Works well with my XP
>>system so I remotely print from Vista through my XP box.
>>

>> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>I do not know whether this will help but I am running the hp 3600n laser
>>>printer and it too did not have vista drivers....I just went into control
>>>panel then found the add a printer button and when it asked for drivers I
>>>popped in the xp driver disc and it installed perfectly....You might
>>>consider it

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Laserjet 1022 - Drivers?
I and a number of others have got XP drivers working with VISTA by
using a combination of Run as Administrator and using Compatibility
mode when installing.

If you are going to retry this, or anything, you really have to remove
all traces of previous attempts -- HP software, failed drivers etc --
and if it is USB make sure you install the software before you plug in
the USB cable and printer.