Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFubm8xMTE=?=

Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?
I plan to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate. Mainly for back up and file
management purposes. When I upgraded from XP several programs stopped
working and had to be reinstalled. I ran into the usual issues that people
encountered when upgrading, but nothing too catastrophic. Now that I have
Vista, will I have to endure the upgrade problems with programs, or is the
upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate have minimal impact? I assume it will
be a fairly transparent upgrade, but I wanted to hear from those who have
upgraded from from Home Premium to Vista Ultimate.
Thanks,
Dan
Adam

Re: Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?
Danno111 wrote:
> I plan to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate. Mainly for back up and file
> management purposes. When I upgraded from XP several programs stopped
> working and had to be reinstalled. I ran into the usual issues that people
> encountered when upgrading, but nothing too catastrophic. Now that I have
> Vista, will I have to endure the upgrade problems with programs, or is the
> upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate have minimal impact? I assume it will
> be a fairly transparent upgrade, but I wanted to hear from those who have
> upgraded from from Home Premium to Vista Ultimate.

It's minimal -- there won't be any new compatability changes with upgrading.
Rock

Re: Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?
"Danno111" <Danno111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I plan to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate. Mainly for back up and
>file
> management purposes. When I upgraded from XP several programs stopped
> working and had to be reinstalled. I ran into the usual issues that
> people
> encountered when upgrading, but nothing too catastrophic. Now that I have
> Vista, will I have to endure the upgrade problems with programs, or is the
> upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate have minimal impact? I assume it
> will
> be a fairly transparent upgrade, but I wanted to hear from those who have
> upgraded from from Home Premium to Vista Ultimate.

You're working with computers and software. One always has problems to
endure. :-) So the best strategy is to make sure you have a tested backup
and recovery solution in place for when the inevitable challenges and
problems arise.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9lbA==?=

Re: Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?
Hi I have both Vista Home Premium and Ultimate Retail full versions. I tryed
the upgrade to Ultimate just to try it and I have an ATI vedio card and
catylst control center would not work after I upgraded but it always works
from a clean install.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Danno111" <Danno111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >I plan to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate. Mainly for back up and
> >file
> > management purposes. When I upgraded from XP several programs stopped
> > working and had to be reinstalled. I ran into the usual issues that
> > people
> > encountered when upgrading, but nothing too catastrophic. Now that I have
> > Vista, will I have to endure the upgrade problems with programs, or is the
> > upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate have minimal impact? I assume it
> > will
> > be a fairly transparent upgrade, but I wanted to hear from those who have
> > upgraded from from Home Premium to Vista Ultimate.

> You're working with computers and software. One always has problems to
> endure. :-) So the best strategy is to make sure you have a tested backup
> and recovery solution in place for when the inevitable challenges and
> problems arise.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

mikeyhsd

Re: Upgrade from home premium to ultimate?
might download the latest drivers from ATI, they released some new ones just last week.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net