Vista, XP, Vista

=?Utf-8?B?SERS?=

Vista, XP, Vista
I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1 XP
loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank you

HDR
Rock

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
"HDR" <HDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1
>XP
> loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank
> you

Yes

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

pete

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
yes ..it ..is..
peter
"HDR" <HDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1
>XP
> loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank
> you
>
> HDR

Bert Kinney

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
Hi,

Multi-booting using 3ed party software such as Bootit NG is common. Here's
an article to get you started.

Dual Booting Windows Vista & Windows XP:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/dualboot.html

Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://bertk.mvps.org
Member: http://dts-l.org

HDR wrote:
> I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1 XP
> loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank you
>
> HDR

=?Utf-8?B?SERS?=

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
Welp, it t'aint working for me. I will try it one more time to see if fresh
Vista instals will work.

HDR

"pete" wrote:

> yes ..it ..is..
> peter
> "HDR" <HDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1
> >XP
> > loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank
> > you
> >
> > HDR

Don

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
HDR wrote:
> Welp, it t'aint working for me. I will try it one more time to see if fresh
> Vista instals will work.
>
> HDR
>
> "pete" wrote:
>
>> yes ..it ..is..
>> peter
>> "HDR" <HDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1
>>> XP
>>> loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank
>>> you
>>>
>>> HDR

There are some problems with SATA drives which some people have
worked around by disconnecting all drives during the install except
the target drive, and reconnecting them afterwards. This apparently
is just an installer problem.

Roedy Green

Re: Vista, XP, Vista
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:32:01 -0700, HDR
<HDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>I have 4 SATA hard drives installed. Is it possible to have 2 Vista and 1 XP
>loaded on 3 separate hard drives and boot from either of the three? Thank you

You must install them in order XP then Vista. check up on
BOOTSECT.exe for configuring each partition.

XP and Vista use incompatible multiboot schemes.
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com