Vista Service Packs

Rebecca

Vista Service Packs
I just reinstalled my Windows Vista Home Premium, and went through the ordeal
of updating (almost 100 updates last night).

When I click on Windows Update now it says that Vista is up to date. But I
don't see any indication that any service packs have been installed. By the
way, how many service packs are there for Vista, and do they have to be
installed sequentially: that you, you must install SP1 first, then SP2, etc.?
I would appreciate it if an MVP could give me some precise information about
1) how to determine if the service pack(s) has been installed, and 2) how
many service packs are there so far. Thank you very much.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista Service Packs
"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just reinstalled my Windows Vista Home Premium, and went through the
>ordeal
> of updating (almost 100 updates last night).
>
> When I click on Windows Update now it says that Vista is up to date. But I
> don't see any indication that any service packs have been installed. By
> the
> way, how many service packs are there for Vista, and do they have to be
> installed sequentially: that you, you must install SP1 first, then SP2,
> etc.?
> I would appreciate it if an MVP could give me some precise information
> about
> 1) how to determine if the service pack(s) has been installed, and 2) how
> many service packs are there so far. Thank you very much.

There have been two so far..

Right click on MY COMPUTER and then select PROPERTIES..

It should tell you there.. third line under the 'Windows Edition' heading

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Rebecca

Re: Vista Service Packs
Hi, Mike. No, there is no indication that any service pack has been
installed. The third line says, "Upgrade Windows Vista." In the past, if I
remember correctly, it say SP1. Very strange. When I click on Windows Update,
it says everything is up to date. Any suggestions, Mike, as to why no
indication of a service pack update?

> Hi, Mike. No, there is no indication that any service pack has been
> installed. The third line says, "Upgrade Windows Vista." In the past, if I
> remember correctly, it say SP1. Very strange. When I click on Windows
> Update,
> it says everything is up to date. Any suggestions, Mike, as to why no
> indication of a service pack update?
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just reinstalled my Windows Vista Home Premium, and went through the
>> >ordeal
>> > of updating (almost 100 updates last night).
>> >
>> > When I click on Windows Update now it says that Vista is up to date.
>> > But I
>> > don't see any indication that any service packs have been installed. By
>> > the
>> > way, how many service packs are there for Vista, and do they have to be
>> > installed sequentially: that you, you must install SP1 first, then SP2,
>> > etc.?
>> > I would appreciate it if an MVP could give me some precise information
>> > about
>> > 1) how to determine if the service pack(s) has been installed, and 2)
>> > how
>> > many service packs are there so far. Thank you very much.

>> There have been two so far..
>>
>> Right click on MY COMPUTER and then select PROPERTIES..
>>
>> It should tell you there.. third line under the 'Windows Edition' heading
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Go to here and download the complete SP2 update, then run it. Try to do it
before you get any errors on your installation..

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Rebecca

Re: Vista Service Packs
Thanks, Mike.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, Mike. No, there is no indication that any service pack has been
> > installed. The third line says, "Upgrade Windows Vista." In the past, if I
> > remember correctly, it say SP1. Very strange. When I click on Windows
> > Update,
> > it says everything is up to date. Any suggestions, Mike, as to why no
> > indication of a service pack update?
> >
> > "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> There have been two so far..
> >>
> >> Right click on MY COMPUTER and then select PROPERTIES..
> >>
> >> It should tell you there.. third line under the 'Windows Edition' heading
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
> >>

> Go to here and download the complete SP2 update, then run it. Try to do it
> before you get any errors on your installation..

> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

GTS

Re: Vista Service Packs
Note you will have to run SP1 first. It's a prerequisite for SP2.