How to go back to xp ??

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCb3M=?=

How to go back to xp ??
I've upgraded my XP station to a beta vista version voor testing out some new
software which should have worked faster with vista but the software had some
bugs and is back for development. And I need XP again for my daily work. So
how can I do that. I have a map which is called Windows.old. ( vista version
RC1, evalutation copy, build 5600)

Michael
Rick Rogers

Re: How to go back to xp ??
Hi Michael,

This should help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Michael Bos" <Michael Bos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've upgraded my XP station to a beta vista version voor testing out some
> new
> software which should have worked faster with vista but the software had
> some
> bugs and is back for development. And I need XP again for my daily work.
> So
> how can I do that. I have a map which is called Windows.old. ( vista
> version
> RC1, evalutation copy, build 5600)
>
> Michael

Rock

Re: How to go back to xp ??
"Michael Bos" <Michael Bos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I've upgraded my XP station to a beta vista version voor testing out some
> new
> software which should have worked faster with vista but the software had
> some
> bugs and is back for development. And I need XP again for my daily work.
> So
> how can I do that. I have a map which is called Windows.old. ( vista
> version
> RC1, evalutation copy, build 5600)

If the link Rick gave you doesn't work, then you'll need to do a clean
install of XP.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCb3M=?=

Re: How to go back to xp ??
Thnx both, and indeed rock I understood that. But I wanted to save my files
they are pretty important for me and my company so . But again thnx for
the help

Michael

"Rock" wrote:

> "Michael Bos" <Michael Bos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> > I've upgraded my XP station to a beta vista version voor testing out some
> > new
> > software which should have worked faster with vista but the software had
> > some
> > bugs and is back for development. And I need XP again for my daily work.
> > So
> > how can I do that. I have a map which is called Windows.old. ( vista
> > version
> > RC1, evalutation copy, build 5600)

> If the link Rick gave you doesn't work, then you'll need to do a clean
> install of XP.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: How to go back to xp ??
"Michael Bos" <MichaelBos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Thnx both, and indeed rock I understood that. But I wanted to save my
> files
> they are pretty important for me and my company so . But again thnx for
> the help

> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Michael Bos" <Michael Bos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> > I've upgraded my XP station to a beta vista version voor testing out
>> > some
>> > new
>> > software which should have worked faster with vista but the software
>> > had
>> > some
>> > bugs and is back for development. And I need XP again for my daily
>> > work.
>> > So
>> > how can I do that. I have a map which is called Windows.old. ( vista
>> > version
>> > RC1, evalutation copy, build 5600)

>> If the link Rick gave you doesn't work, then you'll need to do a clean
>> install of XP.

Well if a clean install is needed you can still backup the data before doing
it. Did that KB article work? I'm not saying you should do a clean
install, all I'm trying to say is if that KB article doesn't work for you
then the only way to go back to XP is a clean install. Then reinstall apps
from original media and restore data from the backup. Make sure that
whatever format the backup is, it can be brought into XP.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCb3M=?=

Re: How to go back to xp ??
Well indeed I need to do a backup. I started with the KB article only the
problem is I can't find my cd . Someone putted it away and didn't tell me
where, so ...
But If that doesn't work I'm gonna try the clean install, might be good
anyway. A real fresh start for my system, I can use to space

Michael Bos