Vista Install Problem

=?Utf-8?B?VC5DbGFzc29mMDk=?=

Vista Install Problem
i bought the Vista Home Premium upgrade 32-bit from Alienware and i was
trying to install it, it goes all the way through the install process to
where it gets to the step after "installing new features" (this step is
something like "completing upgrade"). But as soon as it gets to 55% on that
part, the screen goes black then it takes me to the blue screen, this is what
appears when it goes to the blue screen:<br>
shut down to prevent damage to your computer.<br>
ati2dvag.dll<br>
TERMINAL_SERVER_DRIVER_MADE_INCORRECT_MEMORY_REFER ENCE<br>
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,<br>
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:<br>

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed,<br>
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.<br>
If problems continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware<br>
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.<br>
If you need to use Save Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe
Mode.<br>
Technical information:<br>
*** STOP: 0x000000CF (0xA223FF48, 0x00000008, 0xA223FF48, 0x00000000)<br>

*** ati2dvag.dll - Address A223FF48 base at A2220000, DateStamp 00000000<br>
Collecting data for crash dump ...<br>
Initializing disk for crash dump ...<br>
Beginning dump of physical memory<br>
Dumping physical memory to disk: 40<br>
I've tried installing Vista twice and the same thing has happened both
times<br>
im not sure what to do, here are my computer specs :<br>

x 267)<br>
Motherboard: Intel Bad Axe D975XBX<br>
Graphics Card:PCI Express x16: ATI Radeon X1950pro (RV570)<br>
Sound Card: SigmaTel STAC9221D A2 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition
Controller [A-1] PCI<br>
RAM: 3326 Megabytes Installed Memory<br>
Slot 'J6H1' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)<br>
Slot 'J6H2' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)<br>
Slot 'J6J1' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)<br>

Slot 'J6J2' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)<br>
Hard Drives: 500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity<br>
374.14 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space<br>
CD/DVD Drives: PV3241O BBL913S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]<br>
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L [CD-ROM drive]<br>
OS: Windows Media Center SP2<br>
Bus Adapters: <br>

Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller<br>
SCSI/RAID Host Controller<br>
Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller<br>
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8<br>
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9<br>
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA<br>
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB<br>
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC </font>

any help would be appreciated
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Install Problem
Hi,

As the problem seems to be occuring with files for the video card, I'd first
recheck BIOS settings related to it. In particular make sure the rom
shadowing for video is disabled.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"T.Classof09" <T.Classof09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Slot 'J6J2' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)<br>
> Hard Drives: 500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity<br>
> 374.14 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space<br>
> CD/DVD Drives: PV3241O BBL913S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]<br>
> TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L [CD-ROM drive]<br>
> OS: Windows Media Center SP2<br>
> Bus Adapters: <br>
>
> Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller<br>
> SCSI/RAID Host Controller<br>
> Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller<br>
> Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8<br>
> Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9<br>
> Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA<br>
> Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB<br>
> Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC </font>

How would i go about disabling the " rom shadowing " i checked my BIOS
settings during startup by pressing F2 and i did not see any settings related
to rom shadowing.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> [...]
> > Slot 'J6J1' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)
> >
> > Slot 'J6J2' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)
> >
> > Hard Drives: 500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
> > 374.14 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
> >
> > CD/DVD Drives: PV3241O BBL913S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
> > TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L [CD-ROM drive]
> >
> > OS: Windows Media Center SP2
> >
> > Bus Adapters:
> >
> > Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller
> > SCSI/RAID Host Controller
> > Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller
> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

It may use a phrase like copy to ram or similar and not necessarily the
terms "rom shadowning". Normally, it's found in the advanced chipset
settings.

--

> [...]
>> > Slot 'J6J1' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)
>> >
>> > Slot 'J6J2' has 1024 MB (serial number 0x00000000)
>> >
>> > Hard Drives: 500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
>> > 374.14 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
>> >
>> > CD/DVD Drives: PV3241O BBL913S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
>> > TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L [CD-ROM drive]
>> >
>> > OS: Windows Media Center SP2
>> >
>> > Bus Adapters:
>> >
>> > Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller
>> > SCSI/RAID Host Controller
>> > Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller
>> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
>> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
>> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
>> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
>> > Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

I looked through the bios and all of its options, "F2" for me during startup,
and i couldn't find anything to do with cacheing or rom shadowing or anything
of the likes, i looked through the alienware website and they said that vista
doesnt support RAID 0 hard drive setups yet and thats what i have, could that
possibly be whats wrong?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> It may use a phrase like copy to ram or similar and not necessarily the
> terms "rom shadowning". Normally, it's found in the advanced chipset
> settings.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "T.Classof09" <TClassof09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How would i go about disabling the " rom shadowing " i checked my BIOS
> > settings during startup by pressing F2 and i did not see any settings
> > related
> > to rom shadowing.
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> As the problem seems to be occurring with files for the video card, I'd
> >> first
> >> recheck BIOS settings related to it. In particular make sure the rom
> >> shadowing for video is disabled.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Install Problem
Hi,

Vista will install on Raid 0 as long as there is a compatible driver for it
from the motherboard manufacturer. It needs to be installed at the point of
setup where you choose the installation location.

--

>I looked through the bios and all of its options, "F2" for me during
>startup,
> and i couldn't find anything to do with cacheing or rom shadowing or
> anything
> of the likes, i looked through the alienware website and they said that
> vista
> doesnt support RAID 0 hard drive setups yet and thats what i have, could
> that
> possibly be whats wrong?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> It may use a phrase like copy to ram or similar and not necessarily the
>> terms "rom shadowning". Normally, it's found in the advanced chipset
>> settings.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "T.Classof09" <TClassof09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How would i go about disabling the " rom shadowing " i checked my BIOS
>> > settings during startup by pressing F2 and i did not see any settings
>> > related
>> > to rom shadowing.

T.Classof09

Re: Vista Install Problem
I never got a chance to choose where to install vista,

i uninstalled all the ati drivers and the catalyst control center
and when i tried installing vista again it never took me to a blue screen of
death it just restarted my computer and the install was never completed, so
basically what happened before, just without the blue screen.