Lost disk.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuQm9tZXI=?=

Lost disk.
I bought Windows Vista about 3 days ago. When I got it, I opened it up and
took out the disk. I placed it right next to the computer. Then I relized I
had to go to work. So I placed it down went. When I came back, the disk was
gone. I looked everywhere and I am still looking. Is there any way to install
Windows Vista without the disk?? Please respond. (
pete

Re: Lost disk.
no..........but if you still have the packaging with all of the serial
numbers/bar code You should contact MS and see if they will replace your
"broken" CD
peter
"DanBomer" <DanBomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought Windows Vista about 3 days ago. When I got it, I opened it up and
> took out the disk. I placed it right next to the computer. Then I relized
> had to go to work. So I placed it down went. When I came back, the disk
> was
> gone. I looked everywhere and I am still looking. Is there any way to
> install
> Windows Vista without the disk?? Please respond. (

Rock

Re: Lost disk.
"DanBomer" <DanBomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I bought Windows Vista about 3 days ago. When I got it, I opened it up and
> took out the disk. I placed it right next to the computer. Then I relized
> had to go to work. So I placed it down went. When I came back, the disk
> was
> gone. I looked everywhere and I am still looking. Is there any way to
> install
> Windows Vista without the disk?? Please respond. (

No. If it's retail and you have proof of purchase see this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326246

If OEM contact the vendor it was purchased from though it might be unlikely
they'll help.

Disks just don't walk off.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Conor

Re: Lost disk.
In article <1F52A9B2-D824-41AF-8A83-880A154A97E7@microsoft.com>,
DanBomer says...
> I bought Windows Vista about 3 days ago. When I got it, I opened it up and
> took out the disk. I placed it right next to the computer. Then I relized I
> had to go to work. So I placed it down went. When I came back, the disk was
> gone. I looked everywhere and I am still looking. Is there any way to install
> Windows Vista without the disk?? Please respond. (

Yes...

Download the ISO image off your favourite software stealing P2P
network. Install and use your CD key you have. All versions are
included on the one DVD.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Rick Rogers

Re: Lost disk.
Hi DanBomer,

The disk isn't as important as the Product Key. If you haven't lost it as
well, then you can just use anyone's retail Vista disk (not a recovery disk
or OEM).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/