Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

10201997

Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

Computer == Dell Inspiron 1520
System DVD == Window Vista Home Edition (distribute by Dell)

I need wipe off entire C drive and perform a clean install Vista over
current installed Vista.

Here is the steps I went through and had problem finally:

1. I boot up with Vista Home Edition DVD;

2. Get on "Install Now" window, and click the "Install Now" get into
next step;

3. The update option is disabled (which is good because I need clean
install), I click the advanced option, the next window only show couple
partitions without showing C drive!!!

4. After all the tries to load drive, refresh drive, etc. The C drive
never show up!!

How can I get clean re-install over exist vista system??

Thanks in advance.

--
10201997
Rick Rogers

Re: Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop
Hi,

Check with Dell as you may need to load a system-specific sata driver before
C: will appear in the options window.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"10201997" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Computer == Dell Inspiron 1520
> System DVD == Window Vista Home Edition (distribute by Dell)
>
> I need wipe off entire C drive and perform a clean install Vista over
> current installed Vista.
>
> Here is the steps I went through and had problem finally:
>
> 1. I boot up with Vista Home Edition DVD;
>
> 2. Get on "Install Now" window, and click the "Install Now" get into
> next step;
>
> 3. The update option is disabled (which is good because I need clean
> install), I click the advanced option, the next window only show couple
> partitions without showing C drive!!!
>
> 4. After all the tries to load drive, refresh drive, etc. The C drive
> never show up!!
>
> How can I get clean re-install over exist vista system??
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> 10201997

kword88

Re: Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

how many physical hard drives do you have?

--
kword88
10201997

Re: Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

Just One physical hard drive, but has been partition as Drive C and
Drive D.

Thanks.

--
10201997
kword88

Re: Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

if you add together all the partitions sizes, is it equal to the actual
size of your hard drive? if so, your "C:" drive may just have been
assigned a different letter. if you are looking to completely start from
scratch, and arent trying to save any data, you can delete all
partitions and format the drive, which will erase everything.

--
kword88
10201997

Re: Clean Re-install Vista Problem on Dell Laptop

Thank you so much and I kind figured out.

--
10201997