IRQ not less_or_equal

PlumbM

IRQ not less_or_equal
I have a Gateway m series with vista home premium. When I shut down, I get a
message saying the IRQ is not less-or_equal. I've tried cleaning the
registry, and have no restore. Before I go to far, has this come up before?
When this happens, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and vista doesn't
like it.
--
Plumb
Rick Rogers

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
Hi Plumb,

> When this happens, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and vista
> doesn't like it.

You can run your car into a brick wall to stop it, but eventually you won't
be able to get it to start again. This is analagous to what you are doing to
your computer.

> I've tried cleaning the registry,

Bad idea for a multitude of reasons, and besides the problem does not lie in
the registry (more on this below).

> and have no restore.

Why?

> Before I go to far, has this come up before?

You already went too far with the registry cleaner. They are worse than
useless, they are dangerous.

>I have a Gateway m series with vista home premium. When I shut down, I get
>a message saying the IRQ is not less-or_equal.

The message indicates a system driver file is not properly responding to the
terminate signal. You need to know which one is the cause. Did you recently
update any drivers prior to the onset of this problem? This would include
software supporting drivers such as those used in antivirus software.

The problem file may be named in the dump file created when the error
message occurs. If you are not familiar with debugging them, you can send
the most recent one under C:\Windows\Minidump to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org
using a subject line of 'per req' to get past filters and I'll take a look.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"PlumbM" <PlumbM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> --
> Plumb

PlumbM

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
Here's my deal,

my customer installed a sony handycam, she then found it wasn't vista
compatible and uninstalled it. This program saved what appears to be three
IRQ's. I can't seem to find out which ones, but the software is no longer
showing as installed. I did see the folder in the registry it ties to, but
there isn't much there and I didn't want to tamper with it. I found upgrades
for vista for the handycam, but maybe not the right model. she has no idea
which it is, i tried four upgrades and each says there is no program that
requires it. Also, I can't get to this mini dump file, I'm not sure how to
make myself that type of user within vista yet.
any idea?

not knocking vista - love vista, much better than XP
--
PlumbM

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Plumb,
>
> > When this happens, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and vista
> > doesn't like it.

> You can run your car into a brick wall to stop it, but eventually you won't
> be able to get it to start again. This is analagous to what you are doing to
> your computer.
>
> > I've tried cleaning the registry,

> Bad idea for a multitude of reasons, and besides the problem does not lie in
> the registry (more on this below).
>
> > and have no restore.

> Why?
>
> > Before I go to far, has this come up before?

> You already went too far with the registry cleaner. They are worse than
> useless, they are dangerous.
>
> >I have a Gateway m series with vista home premium. When I shut down, I get
> >a message saying the IRQ is not less-or_equal.

> The message indicates a system driver file is not properly responding to the
> terminate signal. You need to know which one is the cause. Did you recently
> update any drivers prior to the onset of this problem? This would include
> software supporting drivers such as those used in antivirus software.
>
> The problem file may be named in the dump file created when the error
> message occurs. If you are not familiar with debugging them, you can send
> the most recent one under C:\Windows\Minidump to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org
> using a subject line of 'per req' to get past filters and I'll take a look.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> Vote for my shoe: http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "PlumbM" <PlumbM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > --
> > Plumb

Rick Rogers

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
Hi,

To access the minidump, you must logon to an admin account and then set
folder options/view to see hidden and system folders. You will then "permit"
yourself to access the folder (C:\Windows\minidump).

If you suspect it stems from the camera software, the only way it could be
causing this issue is if part of it is still loading as part of the startup
axis. In this case, disabling it would be the key. You can use a tool like
autoruns from the former sysinternals to identify and remove the loading
entry: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

--

> [...]

>> useless, they are dangerous.
>>
>> >I have a Gateway m series with vista home premium. When I shut down, I
>> >get
>> >a message saying the IRQ is not less-or_equal.

>> The message indicates a system driver file is not properly responding to
>> the
>> terminate signal. You need to know which one is the cause. Did you
>> recently
>> update any drivers prior to the onset of this problem? This would include
>> software supporting drivers such as those used in antivirus software.
>>
>> The problem file may be named in the dump file created when the error
>> message occurs. If you are not familiar with debugging them, you can send
>> the most recent one under C:\Windows\Minidump to me at
>> rick_at_mvps_dot_org
>> using a subject line of 'per req' to get past filters and I'll take a

R. C. White

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
Hi, Rick.

Could he use the old trick of installing the camera again, and then
uninstalling it properly?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> [...]
>>>
>>> Why?

>>> You already went too far with the registry cleaner. They are worse than
>>> useless, they are dangerous.

>>> The message indicates a system driver file is not properly responding to
>>> the
>>> terminate signal. You need to know which one is the cause. Did you
>>> recently
>>> update any drivers prior to the onset of this problem? This would
>>> include
>>> software supporting drivers such as those used in antivirus software.
>>>
>>> The problem file may be named in the dump file created when the error
>>> message occurs. If you are not familiar with debugging them, you can
>>> send
>>> the most recent one under C:\Windows\Minidump to me at
>>> rick_at_mvps_dot_org
>>> using a subject line of 'per req' to get past filters and I'll take a

PlumbM

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
That was my first thought, but she no longer has it. She did think maybe she
had the old book to it, which would be a good start for me.
--
Plumb

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Rick.
>
> Could he use the old trick of installing the camera again, and then
> uninstalling it properly?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64 RC 7100

> > Hi,
> >
> > To access the minidump, you must logon to an admin account and then set
> > folder options/view to see hidden and system folders. You will then
> > "permit" yourself to access the folder (C:\Windows\minidump).
> >
> > If you suspect it stems from the camera software, the only way it could be
> > causing this issue is if part of it is still loading as part of the
> > startup axis. In this case, disabling it would be the key. You can use a
> > tool like autoruns from the former sysinternals to identify and remove the
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > "PlumbM" <PlumbM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Here's my deal,
> >>
> >> my customer installed a sony handycam, she then found it wasn't vista
> >> compatible and uninstalled it. This program saved what appears to be
> >> three
> >> IRQ's. I can't seem to find out which ones, but the software is no
> >> longer
> >> showing as installed. I did see the folder in the registry it ties to,
> >> but
> >> there isn't much there and I didn't want to tamper with it. I found
> >> upgrades
> >> for vista for the handycam, but maybe not the right model. she has no
> >> idea
> >> which it is, i tried four upgrades and each says there is no program that
> >> requires it. Also, I can't get to this mini dump file, I'm not sure how
> >> make myself that type of user within vista yet.
> >> any idea?
> >>
> >> not knocking vista - love vista, much better than XP
> >> --
> >> PlumbM

Rick Rogers

Re: IRQ not less_or_equal
Hi,

That's a long way of doing it, sure. Personally, I'd just look to remove
whatever's loading in the startup group as I already mentioned.