pre-install product key?

=?Utf-8?B?X21pdGNoXw==?=

pre-install product key?
Upon installation my autounattend.xml prompts for a product key and then the
edition of vista i'm installing. If I use the product key suppied on the box
will the preinstall complete automatically and the key be reset upon reseal?

If not, what setting must be configured to automatically detect/bypass these
options?

thanks for the help,

Mitch Dudman

Conor

Re: pre-install product key?
In article <BFB0ACF0-97DB-4AAC-8E9C-DD1894708BA6@microsoft.com>,
_mitch_ says...
> Upon installation my autounattend.xml prompts for a product key and then the
> edition of vista i'm installing. If I use the product key suppied on the box
> will the preinstall complete automatically and the key be reset upon reseal?
>
> If not, what setting must be configured to automatically detect/bypass these
> options?

The number on the box is not the CD key - that's inside.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
f/fgeorge

Re: pre-install product key?
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:11:43 +0100, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <BFB0ACF0-97DB-4AAC-8E9C-DD1894708BA6@microsoft.com>,
>_mitch_ says...
>> Upon installation my autounattend.xml prompts for a product key and then the
>> edition of vista i'm installing. If I use the product key suppied on the box
>> will the preinstall complete automatically and the key be reset upon reseal?
>>
>> If not, what setting must be configured to automatically detect/bypass these
>> options?
>>

>The number on the box is not the CD key - that's inside.

Also I believe you can just skip the key and it will install anyway.
It will just ask you to register when you are done.
=?Utf-8?B?X21pdGNoXw==?=

Re: pre-install product key?

"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:11:43 +0100, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <BFB0ACF0-97DB-4AAC-8E9C-DD1894708BA6@microsoft.com>,
> >_mitch_ says...
> >> Upon installation my autounattend.xml prompts for a product key and then the
> >> edition of vista i'm installing. If I use the product key suppied on the box
> >> will the preinstall complete automatically and the key be reset upon reseal?
> >>
> >> If not, what setting must be configured to automatically detect/bypass these
> >> options?
> >>

> >The number on the box is not the CD key - that's inside.
> >

> Also I believe you can just skip the key and it will install anyway.
> It will just ask you to register when you are done.

the idea here was to have the install input the product key and vista
version for use in audit mode automatically. yes you can just bypass it
manually but why bother if you can get by it automatically. for anyone who's
trying to accomplish this you can put in the product key under, setup
natural/user data/product key aslong as you reseal, it will ask for
another product key as it should...