Slide Show

Ryka

Slide Show
By mistake I uninstalled the sidebar gadget Slide Show. How can I re-install
it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a recycle bin with
Vista?

mikeyhsd

Re: Slide Show
just go to add more gadgets and add it back in.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message news:%23WbUoRfgHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
By mistake I uninstalled the sidebar gadget Slide Show. How can I re-install
it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a recycle bin with
Vista?

Rock

Re: Slide Show
"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote
> By mistake I uninstalled the sidebar gadget Slide Show. How can I
> re-install it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a
> recycle bin with Vista?

1. Right click a blank area of the Sidebar | Add Gadgets | Slide Show.

2. Yes there is. To display the icon for it on the desktop right click a
blank area of the desktop, personalize, Change desktop icons (left side).
Put a check mark in Recycle Bin.

FYI. The Help and Support function would quickly give the answers to these
questions. Click the Start Orb | Help and Support. Search on Recycle Bin
and Sidebar. Help and Support is a great resource.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Ryka

Re: Slide Show

"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote
>> By mistake I uninstalled the sidebar gadget Slide Show. How can I
>> re-install it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a
>> recycle bin with Vista?

> 1. Right click a blank area of the Sidebar | Add Gadgets | Slide Show.
>
> 2. Yes there is. To display the icon for it on the desktop right click a
> blank area of the desktop, personalize, Change desktop icons (left side).
> Put a check mark in Recycle Bin.
>
> FYI. The Help and Support function would quickly give the answers to
> these questions. Click the Start Orb | Help and Support. Search on
> Recycle Bin and Sidebar. Help and Support is a great resource.
>

> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

HP Help and Support was able to tell me how to go to the Gadgets sidebar and
find the place to Restore the original gadgets. They, however, were not able
to find anything about the recycle bin. I will look now in MS Help and
Support to find it. Thanks. I truly did look in MS Help and Support first,
but I wasn't able to find any references to the gadget restore. Thanks.

Ryka

Re: Slide Show

> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote
>>> By mistake I uninstalled the sidebar gadget Slide Show. How can I
>>> re-install it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a
>>> recycle bin with Vista?

>> 1. Right click a blank area of the Sidebar | Add Gadgets | Slide Show.
>>
>> 2. Yes there is. To display the icon for it on the desktop right click
>> a blank area of the desktop, personalize, Change desktop icons (left
>> side). Put a check mark in Recycle Bin.
>>
>> FYI. The Help and Support function would quickly give the answers to
>> these questions. Click the Start Orb | Help and Support. Search on
>> Recycle Bin and Sidebar. Help and Support is a great resource.
>>

>> --
>> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

> HP Help and Support was able to tell me how to go to the Gadgets sidebar
> and find the place to Restore the original gadgets. They, however, were
> not able to find anything about the recycle bin. I will look now in MS
> Help and Support to find it. Thanks. I truly did look in MS Help and
> Support first, but I wasn't able to find any references to the gadget
> restore. Thanks.

Duh - in fact double duh - the Recycle Bin is on the desktop (which I had
hidden) and I found it. Hard to believe HP didn't know where to look!