Need to reinstall vista home Premium

PitaMod

Need to reinstall vista home Premium

I bought a new Acer Aspire 5920 but it came with no back up disks. I
have the valid Windows vista home premium key on the bottom of the
laptop, I just need somewhere online to download the files to get vista
home premium back.

What happened was I got a virus and it it locked me out of my backup
partition where I could do a clean install. So I installed XP instead
and now I want to reinstall Vista back. Hopefully someone can help me
get the files I need.

--
PitaMod
Manny Weisbord

Re: Need to reinstall vista home Premium
PitaMod <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>I bought a new Acer Aspire 5920 but it came with no back up disks. I
>have the valid Windows vista home premium key on the bottom of the
>laptop, I just need somewhere online to download the files to get vista
>home premium back.

No such place. Try to find someone to borrow an installation DVD from

>What happened was I got a virus and it it locked me out of my backup
>partition where I could do a clean install. So I installed XP instead
>and now I want to reinstall Vista back. Hopefully someone can help me
>get the files I need.

Mick Murphy

RE: Need to reinstall vista home Premium
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/for...ords=&areaid=2

You have a Recovery Partition on Acer Laptops.

Read the above link on how to access it.

Cheers.
--
Mick Murphy

"PitaMod" wrote:

> I bought a new Acer Aspire 5920 but it came with no back up disks. I
> have the valid Windows vista home premium key on the bottom of the
> laptop, I just need somewhere online to download the files to get vista
> home premium back.
>
> What happened was I got a virus and it it locked me out of my backup
> partition where I could do a clean install. So I installed XP instead
> and now I want to reinstall Vista back. Hopefully someone can help me
> get the files I need.
>

> --
> PitaMod

Rick Rogers

Re: Need to reinstall vista home Premium
Hi,

You need to contact Acer for a set pf recovery disks, you cannot use a
retail disk nor can you just download the proprietary image file needed for
your system (it likely will contain proprietary drivers needed for your
system not in the retail disk). Expect to pay a modest charge for this.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org