outlook express

=?Utf-8?B?SnVkZQ==?=

outlook express
I transferred everything from my PC (XP) onto my new laptop (Vista). I
cannot find Outlook Express. Matter of fact I cannot locate where to find
Add/Remove Programs so I can see if it even transferred over. I don't know
if I will ever get used to this Vista. Can anyone help me find my OUtlook
Express.
jude
John Barnett MVP

Re: outlook express
Outlook Express doesn't exist on Vista. It is now Windows Mail. Look on the
start menu for Windows Mail.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Jude" <Jude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news65F2E59-61E8-41D1-A45F-44709C60B11F@microsoft.com...
>I transferred everything from my PC (XP) onto my new laptop (Vista). I
> cannot find Outlook Express. Matter of fact I cannot locate where to find
> Add/Remove Programs so I can see if it even transferred over. I don't
> know
> if I will ever get used to this Vista. Can anyone help me find my OUtlook
> Express.
> jude

John Barnes

Re: outlook express
If you use Hotmail, you will have to find an alternate mail program.
Windows Live Mail Desktop works well on both Vista86 and Vista64

"Jude" <Jude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news65F2E59-61E8-41D1-A45F-44709C60B11F@microsoft.com...
>I transferred everything from my PC (XP) onto my new laptop (Vista). I
> cannot find Outlook Express. Matter of fact I cannot locate where to find
> Add/Remove Programs so I can see if it even transferred over. I don't
> know
> if I will ever get used to this Vista. Can anyone help me find my OUtlook
> Express.
> jude

Chad Harris

Re: outlook express
Hi Jude--

As has been said, Vista uses Win Mail and the NNTP newsgroup reader that is
far more functional than the html website MSFT provides is easily configured
by clicking MSFT groups when you open up Win Mail from your start menu or by
typing msimn in the Search Box above the start button or into your run box
(Windows Key +R). You cannot "merge" Outlook Express with it from your XP
PC because it is a different storage format. I mention this because you
may have email or folders on it that you want to put on Vista. However what
you can do, besides searching for OE backups, is simply to drag any OE
messages in folders or in your inbox into a folder and put that on a CD,
then insert the CD into the laptop and drag it wherever you want onto your
Vista laptop's HD.

On a dual boot I just dragged the messages I wanted on Vista from my XP
desktop onto my Vista desktop into a folder I called OE/XP.

CH