Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2009
theAM
 

Posts: n/a
BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.

It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"


In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.

Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:

run chkdsk
flashed my BIOS
disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
RAM)
uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
Ren oem*.inf oem*.old


And still the problem persists.

My system specs:

Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM


--
theAM
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2009
spyk3
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

I have had this issue before but my problem was bad sectors in my hard
drive, chkdsk didn't even find it, i had to run a seagate test and it
failed miseribly.

Couple other problems that could pop this BSOD is bad dvd. Is it a
burnt dvd or OEM and does it have any scratchs.

If it is a burnt dvd, did you burn it off an OEM DVD or another burnt
DVD, I've heard DVD's are only good when burnt at a slow speed and if
copied, copy it from orginal DVD.

Your processor is a 64 bit so that emilinates that issue.

If all else fails, install XP professional 64 bit edition then upgrade
to Vista 64 bit edition and see if that works.

Im sure there other issues invovled but im not aware of any other im
sure someone else is.


--
spyk3
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009
Curious
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?
Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you
reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?

"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:e20c75377cce9300ae918a8dd232c09e@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
> install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
> goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
> doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.
>
> It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"
>
>
> In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
> and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.
>
> Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:
>
> run chkdsk
> flashed my BIOS
> disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
> RAM)
> uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
> Ren oem*.inf oem*.old
>
>
> And still the problem persists.
>
> My system specs:
>
> Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
> Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
> RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
> Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM
>
>
> --
> theAM


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009
theAM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

Curious;1070317 Wrote:
> If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?

Yes: 1 GB each, dual channel.
> Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you
> reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?Clean install. I have considered reformatting the disk but I'm not sure

that would help; this issue feels like a hardware problem.


--
theAM
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009
Curious
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
Correct you do not want to reformat.
How much disk space is available to perform the upgrade?
Please do not clip previous thread content when responding to posts you can
not assume that responders have saved all the previous posts on their
system.

"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:eb4dcc0b8c8e8ae84666ebb47ecdf1c4@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Curious;1070317 Wrote:
>> If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?

> Yes: 1 GB each, dual channel.
>> Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you
>> reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?Clean install. I
>> have considered reformatting the disk but I'm not sure

> that would help; this issue feels like a hardware problem.
>
>
> --
> theAM


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
"SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to
user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.
The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates
that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from
non-privileged code to privileged code.

Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms795508.aspx

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:e20c75377cce9300ae918a8dd232c09e@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
> install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
> goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
> doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.
>
> It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"
>
>
> In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
> and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.
>
> Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:
>
> run chkdsk
> flashed my BIOS
> disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
> RAM)
> uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
> Ren oem*.inf oem*.old
>
>
> And still the problem persists.
>
> My system specs:
>
> Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
> Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
> RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
> Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM
>
>
> --
> theAM


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2009
theAM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

80 GB, the whole hard drive. And I'm sorry; I post a lot on another
forums-based website and I'm used to a different style of discussion.

Curious;1070605 Wrote:
> Correct you do not want to reformat.
> How much disk space is available to perform the upgrade?
> Please do not clip previous thread content when responding to posts you
> can
> not assume that responders have saved all the previous posts on their
> system.
>
> "theAM" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:eb4dcc0b8c8e8ae84666ebb47ecdf1c4@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Curious;1070317 Wrote:> > > > >
> > > >> If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?> > > > > Yes: 1 GB each, dual channel.> > > > >
> > > >> Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did
> > > you
> > > >> reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?Clean install.
> > > I
> > > >> have considered reformatting the disk but I'm not sure> > > > > that would help; this issue feels like a hardware problem.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > theAM > >



--
theAM
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2009
Chad Harris
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit


"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:e20c75377cce9300ae918a8dd232c09e@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
> install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
> goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
> doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.
>
> It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"
>
>
> In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
> and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.
>
> Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:
>
> run chkdsk
> flashed my BIOS
> disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
> RAM)
> uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
> Ren oem*.inf oem*.old
>
>
> And still the problem persists.
>
> My system specs:
>
> Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
> Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
> RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
> Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM
>
>
> --
> theAM


Hey hey theAM--

If you're burning a .iso , burning at slow speeds increases your chances of
getting an accurate DVD. Most burn programs have a "verify" checkbox, and
you can always google or bing check sums.

When people get BSODS on setup of a new operating system, that merits a
check of the usual hardware suspects. Having said that though, if you
haven't added new hardware recently, it is less likely hardware causes are
your culprit.

As mundane as it sounds, I'd highly recommend cleaning the DVD you're using
to load Win 7 carefully with strokes from the center to the periphery.

You won't be able to do an upgrade install from XP, but you can from Vista.
A clean install is preferred, but I've upgraded from Win 7 build to Win 7
since December without a hitch.

Let us know how you make out. We'd like to get you onto Win 7--if nothing
else it's faster and more CPU efficient and there is significiant
improvement under the hood.

Good luck,

CH

This post is wrapped in a green banner. Iran is getting more theocratic
than even the right wingnut US.

Down with Tyranny! Go to Qom and arrest the rights trampling Ayatollahs.
Theocratic states by whacky, chaotic theocrats are
disasters whether in Alaska or Iran! Whether Obama admits it or not, the
CIA has been secretly given hundreds of millions to destabilize the Iran
government after we put the despotic Shah in power and gave weapons to Iraq.
Of course no one remembers history as ancient as decades ago.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2009
Chad Harris
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit


"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:eb4dcc0b8c8e8ae84666ebb47ecdf1c4@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Curious;1070317 Wrote:
>> If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?

> Yes: 1 GB each, dual channel.
>> Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you
>> reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?Clean install. I
>> have considered reformatting the disk but I'm not sure

> that would help; this issue feels like a hardware problem.


Curious--How would you do an install of Win 7 "on top of " XP. Do you mean
a clean install, because you can't upgrade XP directly to Win 7 whereas you
can upgrade Vista to Win 7 and Win 7 to Win 7, but I'm sure you know that.

Best,

CH

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2009
Chad Harris
 

Posts: n/a
Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit


"theAM" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:529c37d7ca2d045ecbeb234bede5d8d0@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> 80 GB, the whole hard drive. And I'm sorry; I post a lot on another
> forums-based website and I'm used to a different style of discussion.
>
> Curious;1070605 Wrote:
>> Correct you do not want to reformat.
>> How much disk space is available to perform the upgrade?
>> Please do not clip previous thread content when responding to posts you
>> can
>> not assume that responders have saved all the previous posts on their
>> system.
>>
>> "theAM" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:eb4dcc0b8c8e8ae84666ebb47ecdf1c4@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
>> > >
>> > > Curious;1070317 Wrote:> > > > >
>> > > >> If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?> > > > >
>> > > >> Yes: 1 GB each, dual channel.> > > > >
>> > > >> Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or
>> > > >> did
>> > > you
>> > > >> reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?Clean
>> > > >> install.
>> > > I
>> > > >> have considered reformatting the disk but I'm not sure> > > > >
>> > > >> that would help; this issue feels like a hardware problem.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > theAM > >

>
>
> --
> theAM


TheAM--

Where are you precisely at this point in time. What have you tried,and have
you done what I've listed below? Your specs aren't that relevant although
no harm in ever posting them, and for that matter scholarly
interpretations of the BSODs in language that is more stillted than any
I've seen in English that is listed on the various lookup BSOD websites and
books doesn't help 110% of people who post here. Particularly when people
BSOD on the setup of a new OS, the BSODs don't particularly relate to their
standard interpretations at MSDN's Library or elsewhere in my experience.

1) Have you cleaned your DVD meticulously?
2) Did you burn this DVD from MSFT or a torrent?
3) Have you checked your hdw, seating, cooling, cable plugins, and have you
added anything lately? Odds aren it isn't hardware.

A high percentage of people getting BSOD'd on setup simply need to clean or
possibly reburn the .iso at a slow speed and verify the burn. It helps a
lot of people.

Good luck,

CH

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD upon Vista Home Premium Install Romantic.101 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 08-09-2008 02:39
BSOD Vista Install 0x000000EA Matt Hughes microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-27-2007 07:34
BSOD during Vista Install Devin microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 06-08-2007 21:03
Clock Interrupt BSOD - Vista install =?Utf-8?B?d29sZmdycmw=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 04-01-2007 14:19
Vista install BSOD pci.sys =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZWJlbjY2Ng==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 02-03-2007 20:35




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:01.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120