Need drivers for installing Vista

mattfree99

Need drivers for installing Vista

[image: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7910/vista1.gif]
When I get to this point the computer does not locate any drivers.
Where do I find the driver I need?
Is this a driver for the motherboard?
Thank you Matt

--
mattfree99
Rick Rogers

Re: Need drivers for installing Vista
Hi,

No, not the motherboard per se, but close. If I'm not mistaken, you are at
the drive selection screen. This message is telling you that Vista setup
does not have a driver for the sata connection used by this system. This is
not uncommon as while many are included with Vista, there are some for
various reasons that are not. You will need to provide this driver via thumb
drive, floppy, or CD in order to proceed. You should be able to obtain it
from either the manufacturer's site or from a driver disk included with the
motherboard.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mattfree99" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> [image: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7910/vista1.gif]
> When I get to this point the computer does not locate any drivers.
> Where do I find the driver I need?
> Is this a driver for the motherboard?
> Thank you Matt
>

> --
> mattfree99

David B.

Re: Need drivers for installing Vista
If an OEM PC such as HP or Dell you get the driver from their website. If a
custom built system the driver should be on a CD that shipped with the
motherboard.

"mattfree99" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> [image: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7910/vista1.gif]
> When I get to this point the computer does not locate any drivers.
> Where do I find the driver I need?
> Is this a driver for the motherboard?
> Thank you Matt
>

> --
> mattfree99

mattfree99

Re: Need drivers for installing Vista

It is an Emachine. T5082
Right now I was able to install an old XP version for now.
The computer is running fine just I am not able to reinstall the Vista.
I guess I need some sort of Sata Raid Controller.
Which is not listed at the Emachine site.

Here is list of drivers from the Emachine support.

DescriptionATI Radeon Xpress 200 Display Driver File
TypeOriginal Driver Version8.31.100.32 Operating
SystemWindows Vista Read Me File 'Download'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...adme_em_us.txt)
Driver File 'Download (79.70 MB)'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive..._31_100_32.exe)

Audio DescriptionRealTek HD Audio R150 File
TypeOriginal Driver Version6.0.1.5322 Operating
SystemWindows Vista Read Me File 'Download'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...adme_em_us.txt)
Driver File 'Download (33.10 MB)'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...6_0_1_5322.exe)

Network DescriptionRealtek RTL8139/810x Network Driver
File TypeOriginal Driver Version2.1.22.1026 Operating
SystemWindows Vista Read Me File 'Download'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...adme_em_us.txt)
Driver File 'Download (3.78 MB)'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive..._1_22_1026.exe)

Modem DescriptionPCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
Driver File TypeOriginal Driver Version7.58.00.00
Operating SystemWindows Vista Read Me File 'Download'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...adme_em_us.txt)
Driver File 'Download (1.75 MB)'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...10-001-001.exe)

Video DescriptionATI Radeon Xpress 200 Display Driver
File TypeOriginal Driver Version8.411.0.0 Operating
SystemWindows Vista Read Me File 'Download'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...adme_em_us.txt)
Driver File 'Download (19.76 MB)'
(http://downloads.emachines.com/drive...eo/9538717.exe)

--
mattfree99
spyk3

Re: Need drivers for installing Vista

Make sure Emachine offers drivers for vista. If they do not, there is a
program that i can't remember what it is called off the top of my head
that forces an XP drive to be a vista driver. I have had this issue
before and had to force a video driver from xp to use in vista. If you
by chance find a vista driver for it, put it on a flash drive and when
it ask you for it, load it from your flash drive.

--
spyk3