Dual Boot no more

=?Utf-8?B?UGlrZQ==?=

Dual Boot no more
Currently, my system is being dual booted with XP and Vista Ultimate. The
original installation was with XP and I used my second hard drive to install
Vista. I didn't have any issues regarding dual boot. My question is: What
happens now if I want to have Vista as my "only" O/S and use my XP O/S on
another computer? Will have any activation issues? Right now, both O/S's
have the same configurations when they were activated. I'm a bit confused
with this.

Thanks
John Barnes

Re: Dual Boot no more

"Pike" <Pike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Currently, my system is being dual booted with XP and Vista Ultimate. The
> original installation was with XP and I used my second hard drive to
> install
> Vista. I didn't have any issues regarding dual boot. My question is:
> What
> happens now if I want to have Vista as my "only" O/S

Depends on how you installed and where your boot files are

and use my XP O/S on
> another computer? Will have any activation issues?

Probably, and you may have driver issues if the other computer is different
with differnent hardware. There also may be license issues.

Right now, both O/S's
> have the same configurations when they were activated. I'm a bit confused
> with this.
>
> Thanks

John Inzer

Re: Dual Boot no more
Pike wrote:
> Currently, my system is being dual booted with XP and Vista Ultimate.
> The original installation was with XP and I used my second hard drive
> to install Vista. I didn't have any issues regarding dual boot. My
> question is: What happens now if I want to have Vista as my "only"
> O/S and use my XP O/S on another computer? Will have any activation
> issues? Right now, both O/S's have the same configurations when they
> were activated. I'm a bit confused with this.
>
> Thanks

============================
If your original copy of XP was OEM...
you cannot install it on a new computer.
If it was a retail version you will probably
have to activate over the phone.

(307890) How to activate Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rock

Re: Dual Boot no more
"Pike" <Pike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Currently, my system is being dual booted with XP and Vista Ultimate. The
> original installation was with XP and I used my second hard drive to
> install
> Vista. I didn't have any issues regarding dual boot. My question is:
> What
> happens now if I want to have Vista as my "only" O/S and use my XP O/S on
> another computer? Will have any activation issues? Right now, both O/S's
> have the same configurations when they were activated. I'm a bit confused
> with this.
>
> Thanks

You need to provide more info. Is the version of XP OEM or retail? How
was the dual boot set up?
--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]