Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Activation

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggQm9vZ2Fib29nYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Activation
Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
online. What do I do?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
Conor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
In article <388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com>,
says...
> Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> online. What do I do?
>

Phone Microsoft and activate over the phone.

--
Conor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
schombi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation

It's strange. I had to reactivate over the phone each and every time I
changed a piece of hardware. And every time I was connected to a Indian
guy then, even though I went through the process with entering all the
numbers.


--
schombi
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?U2hhZG93MTMz?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
I had the same problem too. But the weird thing is that I haven't installed
any new hardware. My computer was on and I received a notification that I had
to activate windows vista again. I tried the online activation and it said my
activation key was already in use. By phone the automatic activation said the
same thing. It is very strange as I did no updates (software or hardware)
since yesterday and I only installed Windows Vista two (02) times, so online
activation should work. I think that the security protocols implemented by
Windows are abusing, always requiring phone activation, while hackers can
easily crack windows. I bought Windows to have Microsoft support and the
ability of updating without the need of cracks. I am beginning to think it
was not worth as I only got 90 days support and the activation process is
pointless.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
John Barnett MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
(free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
talk you through the procedure.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..

"Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
> Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> online. What do I do?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?U2hhZG93MTMz?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation

Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or why
expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
Obvious answer is no!
In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches with
the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then Microsoft
monopoly and abuses shall end.


"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
> start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
> the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
> (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
> time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
> machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
> talk you through the procedure.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> mail/post..
>
> "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
> > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> > online. What do I do?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2007
Joe Guidera
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
When you enter the numbers over the phone it's just validating that the code
you are using is actually a valid code and checking to see if it's already
been used. If the code has been used already you will always have to speak
with a live human being in order to activate.
Joe

"schombi" <schombi.2p8l6l@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:schombi.2p8l6l@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> It's strange. I had to reactivate over the phone each and every time I
> changed a piece of hardware. And every time I was connected to a Indian
> guy then, even though I went through the process with entering all the
> numbers.
>
>
> --
> schombi


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2007
ted
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve changed
NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking legal
help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t think
so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change, when
all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell me
what i`ve changed.

"Shadow133" wrote:

>
> Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
> system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or why
> expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
> Obvious answer is no!
> In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
> have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches with
> the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
> only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then Microsoft
> monopoly and abuses shall end.
>
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
> > Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
> > start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
> > the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
> > (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
> > time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
> > machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
> > talk you through the procedure.
> >
> > --
> > John Barnett MVP
> > Associate Expert
> > Windows - Shell/User
> >
> > Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> > Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> >
> > The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> > kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> > reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> > any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> > use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> > mail/post..
> >
> > "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
> > > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> > > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> > > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> > > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> > > online. What do I do?

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2007
Jason B. Jones
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation
Look at this article:
WARNING: device driver updates causing Vista to deactivate
http://apcmag.com/vista_activation

"ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A903BFAE-7D4F-43A1-940D-04683BDF9A4D@microsoft.com...
> I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
> hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve
> changed
> NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking
> legal
> help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t
> think
> so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change,
> when
> all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell me
> what i`ve changed.
>
> "Shadow133" wrote:
>
>>
>> Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
>> system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or
>> why
>> expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
>> Obvious answer is no!
>> In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
>> have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches
>> with
>> the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
>> only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then
>> Microsoft
>> monopoly and abuses shall end.
>>
>>
>> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
>> > start with so you will need to go through the activation process while
>> > on
>> > the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll
>> > free
>> > (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of
>> > your
>> > time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
>> > machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you
>> > and
>> > talk you through the procedure.
>> >
>> > --
>> > John Barnett MVP
>> > Associate Expert
>> > Windows - Shell/User
>> >
>> > Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> > Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>> >
>> > The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of
>> > any
>> > kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
>> > reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be
>> > liable for
>> > any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> > of the
>> > use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
>> > mail/post..
>> >
>> > "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> > in
>> > message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
>> > > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced
>> > > the
>> > > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive
>> > > and
>> > > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key
>> > > was
>> > > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to
>> > > activate
>> > > online. What do I do?
>> >
>> >

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2007
ttremeth
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Activation

I recently updated the NForce 4 drivers from Nvidia. All of a sudden I
have to activate again within a week, talking to "Raja" over the phone
like I am some pirate! Activation in vista is a disgrace!!!!! I paid for
the software and obtained a legal copy.

Perhaps if Billy made windows the same price as the MAC os (that
clearly kills vista for stability and usability) then there would be
less pirates.

Bill, how much money do you need my friend?

ted;453856 Wrote:
> I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
> hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve
> changed
> NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking
> legal
> help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t
> think
> so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change,
> when
> all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell
> me
> what i`ve changed.
>
> "Shadow133" wrote:



--
ttremeth
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Activation Mike microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 20 04-06-2007 05:32
Vista Activation Mike microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-01-2007 01:41
Activation in XP as well as in Vista =?Utf-8?B?YXJtaW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 02-28-2007 22:13
Vista Activation Mark microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-23-2007 12:09
Activation of Vista =?Utf-8?B?U3Bhbm5lcg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 02-19-2007 03:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120