Vista Sysprep

jimmylam

Vista Sysprep

Hello all, now i tried to run sysprep for Windows Vista i just install
on the PCs, but i was not success to do it. When run sysprep with this
command "sysprep /oobe /generalize /unattend:unattend.xml" it will auto
delete all drivers installed on vista. The things there are i want to
make 1 image Vista Bussiness installed drivers, default enabled
administrator account (normally when run sysprep it will disabled
administrator account). Anyone can help me to solve this problem.
Thanks very much

--
jimmylam
Ben Ramsay

Re: Vista Sysprep
Install everthing you want to use on vista then create an image using either
Acronis Image or Driveimage XML, There is another option but you need to use
winbuilder to create an image that can be burnt to a DVD to boot of and it
includes Driveimage XML and will work on SATA drives. I use it and I have
had no problems desktop and my two laptops.

Hope this helps

"jimmylam" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello all, now i tried to run sysprep for Windows Vista i just install
> on the PCs, but i was not success to do it. When run sysprep with this
> command "sysprep /oobe /generalize /unattend:unattend.xml" it will auto
> delete all drivers installed on vista. The things there are i want to
> make 1 image Vista Bussiness installed drivers, default enabled
> administrator account (normally when run sysprep it will disabled
> administrator account). Anyone can help me to solve this problem.
> Thanks very much
>

> --
> jimmylam

jimmylam

Re: Vista Sysprep

Thanks for your helping, but the things as you suggest above maybe need
to buy license for DriveImage XML and Acronis Image, i had found the
way to use sysprep to do the things as i said before. First install an
clean windows vista, after that run sysprep with audit mode,on next boot
don't do anything when sysprep diaglog popup, try to install any
applications, drivers as you wish. After you install everything as you
need, now it's the time to run "sysprep /oobe /generalize
/unattend:unattendfile.xml" that's all. By the way, thank you very
much for your appreciating.

--
jimmylam
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: Vista Sysprep

"jimmylam" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello all, now i tried to run sysprep for Windows Vista i just
> install
> on the PCs, but i was not success to do it. When run sysprep with
> this
> command "sysprep /oobe /generalize /unattend:unattend.xml" it will
> auto
> delete all drivers installed on vista. The things there are i want
> make 1 image Vista Bussiness installed drivers, default enabled
> administrator account (normally when run sysprep it will disabled
> administrator account). Anyone can help me to solve this problem.
> Thanks very much

If I've understood what you are hoping to do, this should help:

To keep all the installed drivers so that Vista doesn't re-detect and
install them, use the PersistAllDeviceInstalls property of the
Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep component in the generalize pass, like
this:

<settings pass="generalize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep"
processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"
language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
<PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>
</component>
</settings>

To activate the Administrator account, you have to use a
RunSynchronousCommand in the Microsoft-Windows-Deployment component of
the specialize pass, like this:

<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment"
processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"
language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
<RunSynchronous>
<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Path>net user administrator /active:yes </Path>
<Order>1</Order>
<Description>Enable Administrator
Account</Description>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
</RunSynchronous>
</component>
</settings>

Hope this helps.

--
Zaphod

Voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" for seven
years in a row.

jimmylam

Re: Vista Sysprep

i tried as you proposed before but can not.

--
jimmylam
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: Vista Sysprep

> i tried as you proposed before but can not.

If you are replying to my post (it's hard to tell since you didn't
quote anything), you'll have to be more specific about what you tried
and what didn't work. If possible, post your unattend.xml and
describe exactly what is happening, what isn't working the way you
want it, etc.

And, for future posts, it really does help to quote what you are
replying to. Not everyone is (in fact probably most people are not)
using the web forum you are, but rather are using a newsreader on one
of the newsgroup servers - and as is sometimes common, the server I'm
using has dropped all previous posts because of their age so there is
no context to your statement at all.

--
Zaphod

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster: A cocktail based on Janx Spirit.
The effect of one is like having your brain smashed out
by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

jimmylam

Re: Vista Sysprep

Hi Zaphod Beeblebrox,

Here is my Unattend.xml which one i tried to used with sysprep. After
executed sysprep account administrator till disabled.

> Hi Zaphod Beeblebrox,
>
> Here is my Unattend.xml which one i tried to used with sysprep.
> After
> executed sysprep account administrator till disabled.
>
> <settings pass="generalize">
> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep"
> processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"
> language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
> xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
> <PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>
> </component>
> </settings>
>
> <settings pass="specialize">
> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment"
> processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"
> language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
> xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
> <RunSynchronous>
> <RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
> <Path>net user administrator /active:yes </Path>
> <Order>1</Order>
> <Description>Enable Administrator
> Account</Description>
> </RunSynchronousCommand>
> </RunSynchronous>
> </component>
> </settings>

It may be that the administrator account is required to have a
password to be activated. Try setting the AdministratorPassword in
the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component of the oobeSystem pass.
It would look something like the following:

<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup"
processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"
language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
<UserAccounts>
<AdministratorPassword>
<Value>MyAdministratorPassword</Value>
<PlainText>true</PlainText>
</AdministratorPassword>
</UserAccounts>
</component>
</settings>

Change MyAdministratorPassword to whatever you would like the password
to be. If you are creating the answer file is through the Windows
System Image Manager, I'd make sure to set the PlainText property to
False so that the password isn't stored in the clear like it is in my
example.

Good luck.

--
Zaphod

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's
something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the
universe gets that.