Right click pic to send email doesn't work

Likeminds

Right click pic to send email doesn't work

Have Office Pro 07 installed. Outlook is my email client. When I right
click in Windows Explorer or Photo Gallery and select Send To or EMAIL
respectively, the dialog box to resize the photo appears and I can
select a different size. However, when I click the attach button, the
wizard closes, and the Outlook new message page does NOT appear. I have
searched C:/ and there is no sign of a resized file. This worked
perfectly on my previous XP laptop and but I bought a new HP that came
with Vista. I used Windows Easy transfer to move over my files and
settings and now it does NOT work. I'm starting to intensely dislike
Vista. I've had a raft of similar problems. And I'm no Windows idiot. I
worked in Systems at MSFT from 87-92.

I've already tried setting the program defaults in both Control Panel
and IE but have encountered a problem. If I click on either Outlook or
Windows mail and select option "Set this program as default" Outlook
reports it has all it's defaults. Windows Mail reports it has 1 of 3
defaults. However, on both Outlook and Windows Mail if I choose the
option "Choose defaults for this Program" I get "There was a problem
error only occurs for Windows Mail or Outlook. The "Choose defaults for
this program" dialog works for all other programs. So, I suspect the
registry is corrupted for the email client but need some help finding
out where to go and what to look for.

Thanks - Steve

--
Likeminds
nso5300

Re: Right click pic to send email doesn't work

im not sure about the registy setting but maybe the problem could be
caused a anti virus email scanner incomplatilbity

have you looked in the event manager to see if it is bringing any
messages

and maybe you could try and use the MS office diagnostic tool to solve
the problem
i doubt it but its wotrh a shot

--
nso5300

discipline
dedication devotion
Likeminds

Re: Right click pic to send email doesn't work

I used MSCONFIG to stop my anti-virus software from loading at Startup
and re-booted. Same problem.