Problem with updating service pack1 to service pack2

Jack JULY

Problem with updating service pack1 to service pack2
Hello,
I have Vista home premium edition (32bits)service pack 1. Windows update
offers to me to upgrade service pack1 to service pack2. I precise that i've
first well stopped my antivirus device. When i download, this message
appears (in french for me): "certaines modifications n'ont pas été
effectuées..." (= some modifications has not been done...). My computer then
starts automatically in "mode de
démarrage sans échec" (starting mode without failure) and the 3 installation
steps run correctly (the update is downloaded in windows update but this one
still proposes to me to do the update and my system information keeps the
indication service pack1 ). However, my desktop allways opens in "mode sans
échec" and i don't know how coming back to the normal mode of start. Is
anybody could help me? By advance, thanks a lot!

botox

Re: Problem with updating service pack1 to service pack2
If you are unable to uninstall SP2 see if you can use system restore to go
back to where your computer was before you installed S2.
If that works, and it should according to Microsoft (but may not), run the
Windows Update program several times over a few days to see if you have all
necessary updates.
It is then your decision whether or not you want to install SP2--on multiple
desktops and laptops I fail to see any improvement in performance, have
noticed some annoying glitches, and the occasional problem such as what you
are seeing.
If you cannot install SP2 do not worry about it: you are better off
upgrading to Window 7 when it comes out next autumn.

Lorin

Re: Problem with updating service pack1 to service pack2
Yeah, so how do I stop the constant nagging to install?
I.e. permanently kill the desire to corrupt my PC more?