Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista and nForce 3

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM2MQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Vista and nForce 3
Hey,

Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?

thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
Chris61:
Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
NForce3 250 chipset.
Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
No external drivers was necessary.
Carlos

"Chris61" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
>
> thanks

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM2MQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?

"Carlos" wrote:

> Chris61:
> Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> NForce3 250 chipset.
> Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> No external drivers was necessary.
> Carlos
>
> "Chris61" wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> >
> > thanks

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
Chris61:
My guess is that there should be no problems.
Will you be installing to an IDE drive or a SATA drive?
IDE drive will surely pose no problems.
Carlos

"Chris61" wrote:

> Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Chris61:
> > Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> > NForce3 250 chipset.
> > Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> > No external drivers was necessary.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Chris61" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> > >
> > > thanks

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM2MQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
SATA drive

"Carlos" wrote:

> Chris61:
> My guess is that there should be no problems.
> Will you be installing to an IDE drive or a SATA drive?
> IDE drive will surely pose no problems.
> Carlos
>
> "Chris61" wrote:
>
> > Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?
> >
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> > > Chris61:
> > > Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> > > NForce3 250 chipset.
> > > Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> > > No external drivers was necessary.
> > > Carlos
> > >
> > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hey,
> > > >
> > > > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > > > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> > > >
> > > > thanks

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
Chris61:
This is as far as I can get with my support.
My best guess is that your odds are 99% for a successfull install on SATA.
Carlos

"Chris61" wrote:

> SATA drive
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Chris61:
> > My guess is that there should be no problems.
> > Will you be installing to an IDE drive or a SATA drive?
> > IDE drive will surely pose no problems.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Chris61" wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?
> > >
> > > "Carlos" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Chris61:
> > > > Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> > > > NForce3 250 chipset.
> > > > Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> > > > No external drivers was necessary.
> > > > Carlos
> > > >
> > > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hey,
> > > > >
> > > > > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > > > > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM2MQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
Thanks for your help

"Carlos" wrote:

> Chris61:
> This is as far as I can get with my support.
> My best guess is that your odds are 99% for a successfull install on SATA.
> Carlos
>
> "Chris61" wrote:
>
> > SATA drive
> >
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> > > Chris61:
> > > My guess is that there should be no problems.
> > > Will you be installing to an IDE drive or a SATA drive?
> > > IDE drive will surely pose no problems.
> > > Carlos
> > >
> > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?
> > > >
> > > > "Carlos" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Chris61:
> > > > > Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> > > > > NForce3 250 chipset.
> > > > > Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> > > > > No external drivers was necessary.
> > > > > Carlos
> > > > >
> > > > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Hey,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > > > > > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > thanks

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista and nForce 3
You are welcome, Chris61.
Carlos (from Argentina)

"Chris61" wrote:

> Thanks for your help
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Chris61:
> > This is as far as I can get with my support.
> > My best guess is that your odds are 99% for a successfull install on SATA.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Chris61" wrote:
> >
> > > SATA drive
> > >
> > > "Carlos" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Chris61:
> > > > My guess is that there should be no problems.
> > > > Will you be installing to an IDE drive or a SATA drive?
> > > > IDE drive will surely pose no problems.
> > > > Carlos
> > > >
> > > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Ok, but what about on a boot drive with the 32bit version?
> > > > >
> > > > > "Carlos" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Chris61:
> > > > > > Vista x64 could be installed successfully in ASUS K8N motherboard with
> > > > > > NForce3 250 chipset.
> > > > > > Installation was successful in a serial ATA (non-boot) drive.
> > > > > > No external drivers was necessary.
> > > > > > Carlos
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "Chris61" wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Hey,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Does anyone know about any known issues with installing Vista on an nForce 3
> > > > > > > mobo? Has Microsoft provided drivers that nvidia hasn't?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > thanks

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nforce 4 Drivers are crashing vista after initial reboot =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 04-12-2007 22:12
Vista Ultimate x64 + NForce 4 + Virtual PC 2007 =?Utf-8?B?eG9jYmM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 03-29-2007 18:33
Nforce Audio Drivers Vista edde microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-22-2007 21:36
Vista Ultimate + nForce 4 = Unacceptable Audio =?Utf-8?B?TmV3Ymll?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 03-07-2007 19:31
NVidia, NForce 2/3, Vista, ATI Jeppe microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-15-2007 14:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120