Please Help!!!!!

berrybarath

Please Help!!!!!

Hi iam new this site and this is my first post, (forgive me my english
is not so good)

last Sunday(may 3rd 2009) i updated my
bios (unfortunately). problem is, vista (Home Premium 32 bit which i
used when problem occurs) is not booting my HDD. after showing my bios
screen black screen appears with blinking cursor. i removed and
inserted bios jumper for recovery and also battery. but the problem
didn't solved. fortunately windows xp is working without problem. now
iam using XP professional. i dont know whats the problem. can any one
help plsss!!!!!

Intel core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHZ
Intel DP45SG Mother board.
250 GB SEAGATE SATA HDD.
XFX 9600GT PCIE
2*2 GB Transcend DDR3 RAM.
Zebroics 500W platinum PSU

--
berrybarath
peter

Re: Please Help!!!!!
Is Vista and XP on same computer but different partitions???
Have you checked all of your BIOS settings to make sure they match what you
had before the upgrade ??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"berrybarath" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi iam new this site and this is my first post, (forgive me my english
> is not so good)
>
> last Sunday(may 3rd 2009) i updated my
> bios (unfortunately). problem is, vista (Home Premium 32 bit which i
> used when problem occurs) is not booting my HDD. after showing my bios
> screen black screen appears with blinking cursor. i removed and
> inserted bios jumper for recovery and also battery. but the problem
> didn't solved. fortunately windows xp is working without problem. now
> iam using XP professional. i dont know whats the problem. can any one
> help plsss!!!!!
>
> Intel core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHZ
> Intel DP45SG Mother board.
> 250 GB SEAGATE SATA HDD.
> XFX 9600GT PCIE
> 2*2 GB Transcend DDR3 RAM.
> Zebroics 500W platinum PSU
>

> --
> berrybarath

berrybarath

Re: Please Help!!!!!

Thank you for ur quick reply.

i used only vista 32 bit Home premium when i got this problem i tried
to re install my vista Home premium. it installed successfully.but with
in few seconds it automatically restarts and become black screen with
blinking cursor (i think no problem in bios) . so i installed XP and it
has no problem. now iam using xp only. my question is why vista is not
reading my HDD. why xp has no problem in that..... what i have to do ..
Everything in my bios setting is normal.

Please Advice.

--
berrybarath
berrybarath

Re: Please Help!!!!!

i didnt checked the bios settings when i was upgrade

--
berrybarath
vinnya

Re: Please Help!!!!!

It could be you downloaded the wrong bios update. You need to find out
what bios you have (Check your manual) and then you can go online and
see if the one you downloaded is a match for the original.

--
vinnya
berrybarath

Re: Please Help!!!!!

Thanks for the reply

i updated 'SG0116.BIO i think my older version is SG0108 . how could
problem occurs when i downloaded from the official site!!!! I dont know.
lot of things i have to learn.'
(http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2932&Dwn ldID=17617&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%2 0Systems&lang=eng)''
(http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...stems&lang=eng)

--
berrybarath
vinnya

Re: Please Help!!!!!

It is possible but not likely. If it is an authentic website for that
system there should be no problems but i recommend trying again and if
it doesn't work the second time around chances are you downloaded the
wrong bios.

--
vinnya
berrybarath

Re: Please Help!!!!!

here is another issue,

now i have no problem when i install Vista home premium 30 days trial.
but when i try to activate this it turns to be a black screen with
blinking cursor. any idea!!!!!!!?

--
berrybarath
vinnya

Re: Please Help!!!!!

First of all, Berrybarath, why the hell would you get a 30-day Vista
trail (Or a Vista *anything* for that matter!)??? Take my word for it, I
have Vista and I have had nothing but headaches. I had to just do a
complete reinstall after replacing my hard drive (I have crappy HP, the
second worst computer ever made next to Packard Bell, remember them??)
in January after having the computer *just 15 months! *I recommend
scrapping that crappy Vista and getting XP, a much more reliable, albeit
slightly slower version of windows. Of course, this is my own opinion,
but based on my previous experiences with Vista. As far as why it goes
to a black screen, it sounds like the trail version didnot install
properly. Try reinstalling it (or better yet, try a trail version of XP
if possible and compare the two to see which one works better for you. I
can almost guarantee that XP is the way to go...

Vinny

--
vinnya
Mark H

Re: Please Help!!!!!
I don't think we have enough details to diagnose the problem, but here is a
link to a similar situation that was solved:
http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.c...ter-login.html